Rise: Is there a way to remove Correct and Incorrect text/graphics in feedback boxes?

Mar 19, 2019

Is there a way to display a feedback box with text only and no correct and incorrect label? Sometimes, there are shades of gray and not all responses can align to a Correct and Incorrect framework. So, wondering if the feedback box can be modified.

Thanks! 

Pinned Reply
33 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi there Connie!

Thanks for question!  You can clear the `Incorrect` and `Correct` text labels in the course Settings, however, the check mark and X icons still appear in feedback. an option to hide those labels/icons in feedback would be a good feature request, please do feel free to submit a feature request here . Thanks :) Let us know if you have any other questions!

Lisa Torley

Hi Alyssa,

Yes a question that has no right answer, it could in fact be multiple of the shown answers and therefore wouldn't require correct/incorrect feedback.

I am aware that you can remove the correct/incorrect text but not able to remove the icons - is icon removal upcoming in any updates?

Many thanks,

Lisa

Crystal Horn

Hello, Lisa. Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like this option would be focused on knowledge check blocks since there is no correct or incorrect answer. We don't have a pending release to offer that option, but we'll let you know if that changes!

In the meantime, I like to use Accordion blocks to reveal "feedback" based on each accordion item the learner opens, especially if there's some nuance between the choices.

Holly Kidson

I would love to see this feature added as well!  I would like to, specifically, create matching or sorting activities that allow learners to match/sort according to their preference, and then receive generic feedback along the lines of "there's not a correct/incorrect way to sort these items, choose what works best for you and your situation".

Darren McNeill

I have just requested the same feature but I doubt after 2 years of the initial request being ignored it will be done. We use self assessment questions in courses where there are no Correct or Incorrect answers but the users get a bit confused when the get a Correct or Incorrect feedback. There should be an option to facilitate this type of question.

bastien bouchard

That Articulate peoples did'nt yet catch the importance of the "no right answer" option is beyond me, frankly. Anyone involved in education know this. As an organisation in higher education, this problem alone is enough to make us look elswere for an e-learning solution. 

Accordeon option is not appropriated because we can't track answers this way.

Andrew Smith

While having this as a native capability would be better. Rise is pretty easy to tinker with after publishing. We regularly inject custom css and js into scormcontent/index.html to override and extend Rise

For example you can hide the feedback ticks and crosses with:

<style>
/* Hide multiple choice correct/incorrect choice indicators */
.quiz .quiz-card__feedback--active .quiz-card__feedback-icon {
display: none;
}

/* Hide multiple response correct/incorrect choice indicators */
.quiz .quiz-multiple-choice-option__indicator svg,
.quiz .quiz-multiple-response-option-wrap--complete .quiz-multiple-response-option__indicator svg {
}

/* Hide fill in correct/incorrect indicators */
.quiz .quiz-fill__icon--visible {
}

/* Hide matching question correct/incorrect choice indicators */
.quiz .quiz-match__list--results {
}

/* Normalise the choice border so that it doesn't give away the correct response */
.quiz-multiple-choice-option__border.brand--beforeBorder::before,
.quiz-multiple-response-option--incorrect.quiz-multiple-response-option--selected .quiz-multiple-response-option__border::before {
border-color:#50abf1 !important;
}

/* Hide Acceptible Response */
.quiz-fill .quiz-fill__options--visible {
}

/* Darken the feedback text to make it more legible */
.quiz .quiz-card__feedback-text {
color: #313537;
}

/* Hide final speed dial with the score */
/*
.quiz .quiz-results__results,
.quiz .quiz-card__feedback-label {
display:none;
}
*/
</style>

Please note: The above is slightly edited to what we use in production. We inject custom classes so we can target questions precisely and I've tweaked the above a bit to make it more generic, but it should work for most cases.

Dropping the above into index.html and customising to your needs will solve many of the issues identified in this thread, but with a bit of javascript you can do lots of things like:

• Hiding the final speed dial and replacing it with a general message (when you don't want people to know how they have gone)
  • Turning fill-in questions into reflection questions where they are marked correct regardless of what people enter (you can even send their full response to the LMS)
  • Changing multiple choice questions so that the value scored isn't binary true/false. For example choosing "C" might be scored as 100 (best answer) but choosing "A" might be scored as "50" (acceptable, but not the best response).

Rise is by far the best authoring environment currently available (and the only truly responsive option). It would be nice if it got a bit more love from Articulate, but because it's just html + css + javascript, the great thing is you can add many new features yourself while you wait for them to be added to Rise core.

With a bit of backend wizardry you can even auto-inject your extension logic so you don't have to patch by hand.

Regards,

Andrew