15 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Angela,

Just like a Text block, a Continue Divider block will display default text.

You can either use the default "label" for a Continue block or choose to edit it.

As users can elect to change the default text to literally anything of their choosing, a Continue Divider block needs to be translated manually, just like any other block that contains text.

Christopher Santos

You can also export the whole course for translation as discussed in this article: (Rise 360) Translate Your Course.  Rise will include all your Continue blocks for translation by your translation service.

We'd be happy to take a look at your course if you already did this process, and yet the Continue buttons did not translate along with your other blocks.  You can start a case here, and we'll start our investigation as soon as we receive your inquiry.

Arith Hsu

I have a similar question to this topic title. Wondering if we are able to manipulating the parameter with the label translation.

For example, the source may be:

• Lesson %1d of %2d
    (Lesson 4 of 7)
  • %d results
    (20 results)
  • Step %d
    (Step 1)

And we may need the target translation to be something like below:

• Lesson 7-4
  • Results in 20
  • 1 step

John Morgan

Hi Arith,

Great question! I understand you'd like to change the formatting of the labels in Rise 360. I'd be happy to get you some information about that.

Currently, you’ll want to continue using the labels with the editing options that are available. We don’t have the option to rearrange the elements of the labels, but that sounds like an interesting idea that I can share with our product team.

Thanks for reaching out!

Arith Hsu

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply.

One example is "Step ##". In Chinese, it may be translated as "步驟 ##", but some of our linguist suggest translating to "第 ## 步" (it's more like "The first / second /.... Step").

Example like "80% COMPLETE", it looks like we can only have the percentage value prior to the complete string, so it may be "80% 完成" in Chinese, but there is no way to make it like "已完成 80%" (it's more like "you have completed 80%")

And another example like "Lesson 4 of 7", we are aware that this need to be handled in two strings, I guess it should be the following two:

<trans-unit id="lessonPreposition">
    <source>of</source>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id="processLessonName">
    <source>Lesson</source>
</trans-unit>

It can be translated as "Lektion 4 von 7" in German, "Lesson 4 sur 7" in French, "课程 4 / 7" in Chinese. But again, linguist might request to refine current translation, but what we can do may be very limited.