Rise Quiz - Next Lesson Button

Mar 05, 2020

I recently posted to the board to ask about editing the default "Next Lesson" footer at the end of each lesson. For what I am building, having the lesson number baked into the "Next Lesson" footer is not ideal, therefore I have turned that feature off, and created custom continue buttons in their place.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/editing-default-next-lesson-footer-in-rise

The issue I am now running into is on the quiz. Because I have turned off the "Next Lesson" footers, once a user completes a quiz, there is no intuitive way for them to advance to the next lesson since the quiz does not allow me to add my custom continue button at the end of it. Instead, the user needs to click on the next lesson in the course using the left side navigation.

To get around this, I have provided instructions on the front end of the course that upon completion they should use the left hand navigation to advance, and I have also added a final question to the quiz that again instructs them to do this.

Are there any plans in the future to allow customers to choose specific pages (including quizzes) on which the "next lesson" footer will appear, and/or actually edit the text of the "next lesson" footers? As it stands now, these can't be edited and can only be turned on or off across the entire course, not on individual lessons and quizzes.

Thanks.

10 Replies
Joyce Maurin

Hello,

Any update about this feature request? I'm facing the same issue. We usually try to avoid the "next lesson button" to add more directive and appealing "continue button" with my customers.

Could you add a "continue" button after the "restart" button? It seems to be a must-have for users like us.

Best regards,

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Nina, and everyone! 

I’m thrilled to announce we’ve added an option to choose a continue button style on the quiz results page. Now, your learners will see the familiar continue button that adopts your course theme color if you select this option in the quiz settings.

You'll need to preview the entire course (not just the quiz) to see this new feature in action. You can change the look of this button in your course labels -- it's in the Quiz & Knowledge check section.

We’re here if you have questions about how this feature works!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Nina, and everyone! 

I’m thrilled to announce we’ve added an option to choose a continue button style on the quiz results page. Now, your learners will see the familiar continue button that adopts your course theme color if you select this option in the quiz settings.

You'll need to preview the entire course (not just the quiz) to see this new feature in action. You can change the text of this button in your course labels -- it's in the Quiz & Knowledge check section.

We’re here if you have questions about how this feature works!