Rise Sections Auto-Closed in Sidebar?

Jul 12, 2018

Hi, I'm working on a Rise site that serves as training for new staff, but also as a reference for all staff. In the sidebar in the picture below I have each section closed, but I have to manually go through and do that each time I view the course. Normally, there are 50 some pages that show up and that makes navigation to the sections of interest difficult. Is there is a way to start the course with these sections automatically closed so that someone coming to the site could just be able to see the larger sections and not every single page?

Thanks,

Brody

27 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Broderick,

Thanks for popping in to share your thoughts. Based on your image and description, I can see how this may be helpful for you and your learners.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for letting us know that you filed a feature request. I was able to find it so I'm going to combine both of your thoughts/suggestions so that we can start tracking the user need.

I also wanted to share some information on how we manage feature requests.

Broderick Lemke

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it! I look forward to hopefully having this implemented in the future. My boss LOVES this new training site though and what I'm doing. Rise is making it easy and fun to develop. You might even want to move some of your storyline tutorials into a rise course, that would be super cool :)

Pam Eckstein

Just want to say RISE IS AWSOME!

Our team is also interested in additional search features.

It would be great if you could make the search feature available on the home page without clicking the start course button--so users can perform a search without having to open a lesson.

One more thing, would be nice if the search function allowed for Boolean search (wildcard, AND, AND NOT, etc.). I'd be happy with just being able to use a wildcard.

Thank you for all you do!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Adrienne, that's a great question!

Our team is hard at work on some exciting new features that we're eager to share, and we're putting the finishing touches on those as we speak. Keep an eye on our Rise version history page for the latest! 

While I can't say whether this feature is one we would implement in a year, we will certainly keep you posted if we move forward in that direction. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you!

Broderick Lemke

Just wondering if this is going to be implemented soon? An example of how obnoxious this is. Image you're using this as a reference for various sections of our office. If you have to scroll through all of this un-collapsed garbage it's unusable as a sidebar. 

Uncollapsed

Now, if it's collapsed, I can view the section I need easily. 
Collapsed

Allison LaMotte

Hi Broderick,

Thanks for your feedback. I sense that you're frustrated that this feature hasn't been implemented and I totally get it. The waiting game is never easy! 

However, I want you to know that we're doing our very best to bring our users the features they want and need as quickly as possible.

We receive hundreds of feature requests every week, so prioritizing them is no small task and we take it very seriously. Here's an inside look at how that process works

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Beth Panzini

I see many, many posts on this topic and I don't know that another will encourage the developers to move this issue to the top and take care of this high visibility glitch with RISE. In its current state it's mostly unusable for courses that have more than just several topics.  But I'll throw in my request for this update. And until the update happens, I'll move over to another software for my courses. 

Marcia Owen

Hi Team

This request has been ongoing for OVER three years in this and other threads. The threads in themselves are indicative of how important this feature request is for many users and their learners. The fact that it is NOT on your roadmap is concerning!!!

My question is WHY is this not on your roadmap?

You only need  to trawl through the threads and requests to see this is not a 'nice to have feature' but a necessity for our learners to simplify their user experience.

In addition - I have just reviewed the features on your roadmap. My concern is that you are adding more bells and whistles but not attending to  foundational navigation features to enhance and support the user experience to move through a course.

Jutta Schmitz

HI Michelle,

i haven’t got any response on this – so I doubt its going to work. cheerio

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jutta Schmitz
Content Editor E-Learning
ABLE Management Services GmbH
Fon +49 2261 5011-374
Mobil +49 173 5180479

Von: E-Learning Heroes
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. August 2021 14:41
An: Schmitz, Jutta
Betreff: Reply to Rise Sections Auto-Closed in Sidebar?

[E-Learning Heroes]

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jutta and Michelle! This isn't something our team is working on right now, but I appreciate you letting us know this feature would be helpful for you.

By the way, replying via email includes your signature with contact information in the public forum.  Feel free to edit your reply here, Jutta!