Rise youtube video links not working

Aug 04, 2017

In Rise preview mode my youtube video links work perfectly. When I export to publish course and play the course it says the links/file may have been moved?

Any help appreciated.

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Ken,

After you publish the Rise course, are you viewing it offline? The local content should work in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and the only exception to that would be embedded web content.

Instead, export for Web only - No LMS, and then upload that output to any web server. One we often refer people to use is Amazon S3, and there is a helpful article here on how to use that.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Annie,

Are you viewing it locally or on a server? As Alyssa explained above, if you're launching a web export locally you may run into issues like that. If that's what you're doing, try uploading it to a server to see if the issues persist. If they do, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Rebecca Humphrey

I am having the same issue. When i embed a YouTube link it shows in preview but not once I publish it to web. I try opening it from the folder. Everything else displays except for the video. It says it might have been edited or deleted. 

However if I embed a youtube video via Storyline and publish to web it shows up when I access it from my folder.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Rebecca, 

So sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. 

Thanks for letting us know it is working fine in Storyline but not in Rise. Very helpful to know that!

Would it be possible for you to send along the YouTube link? I'd like to test this on my end and see if I'm experiencing the same behavior. 

Additionally, could you share your publishing settings? I'd like to confirm your setup in order to better understand your setup. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!