Storyline interaction embedded in Rise does work in SharePoint

Jan 15, 2021

I have an embedded storyline interaction in a Rise course. We have been running our Rise modules in SharePoint after editing the index/home.html5 to .aspx. Everything works in the Rise course except the embedded Storyline files which appear with "Page not found" "Page you are looking for doesn't exist".

I changes the Storyline file (nested in a folder in the published Rise output) to .aspx. (It was originally html. This needed to be changed so that Sharepoint would be able to support the file.)

I have a feeling that the issue is that the storyline reference is html5 in the published Rise file and that does not match the target aspx file.

I'm hoping there is some HTML or js I could edit to fix this... but not seeing anything obvious.

Anyone have any thoughts?

10 Replies
Matt Recht

Same issue here, so chiming in to see if anyone has found a solution to Rise content with embedded Storyline files published to SharePoint online. I think you're on to something with the code referencing story.html, which has been changed to story.aspx. Curious if anyone knows what file in the output contains the reference to story.html -- maybe that could be edited accordingly.

Rekha Mohanty

Hi Jose,

Earlier, whenever I opened a support case, I would hear back promptly.

This one is an urgent issue and am hearing back so very late.

Just curious why this delay in responding...do urgent requests also have to wait 24 to 48 hours....just want to understand what to expect going forward.

Thanks

Eric Santos

Hi Rekha,

I'm happy to chime in! Usually, you'll hear from our Customer Support Engineers within one business day. I see that my teammate, Jan, responded within that timeframe. He conducted some tests with the project file, explaining the slight response delay.

Please let me know if you have issues receiving his email response, and I'm more than happy to assist.

Anne Scott

Has there been an update to this issue? My company is looking to move all of our Rise courses on to SharePoint but many have embeded storylines. I understand that there is a "work around" listed on this forum below but the process is so long it has not been feasible to use this method.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/storyline-blocks-not-working-when-course-loaded-into-sharepoint