Storyline blocks not working when course loaded into Sharepoint

Apr 08, 2022

Recently wrapped up development on a Rise course that uses storyline blocks for certain activities that Rise doesn't do natively. However, when loaded into sharepoint (after creating the aspx file it needs to run properly), the storyline content doesn't load. It only shows an empty page. The Rise-native content loads fine, however.

2 Replies
Brandon Hudson

So I'll go ahead and jump on this because it was the first thing that came up when I searched for this issue. I have found a workaround! Fear not fellow Articulites! It is a bit confusing though so bare with me.

Publishing an Articulate Rise Course (with Storyline Blocks) to SharePoint

Step 1: Publish the course as you normally would and then go in and change all the .html files to .aspx. So that means the two files in the content folder AND the ones in the assets folder as well. 

Step 2: You'll then want to go ahead and put these files in the location you want on SharePoint. Keep a copy of these files on your local computer.

Step 3: Now here is where it starts to get a little tricky. Now you'll want to go back into your Articulate Rise project and add an Embed object above where your Storyline block is. 

You'll want to use the following code <iframe src="THE LOCATION OF YOUR STORYLINE BLOCK ON SHAREPOINT" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe> (As far as I can tell the width and height do nothing. Use the format button on the embed object to change the size and color of the background).

So it might look something like this:

Step 4: Delete your Storyline block in your Articulate Rise. 

Step 5: Republish your course. Once republished go ahead and extract the files so you can make some changes. Remember the original copy I told you to keep saved on your local computer? You're going to want to go into that and bring over the Storyline folders you have in your assets folder into your NEW published course.

Step 6: Now you want to put the newly published course in the exact same place as your current course files on SharePoint. It should now target the correct file and run the StoryLine block.

Hopefully this made sense, happy to explain further if needed. But yeah I really slammed my head against the wall on this one so hopefully this saves someone from doing the same.