Trouble deleting Rise blocks - the dividers & spacers won't delete

Aug 03, 2022

I am creating a Rise course & the dividers/spacers I can't delete. I think because they are thin blocks, the rubbish bin toggles between the divider block & then the next block below.  When I click on the rubbish bin nothing happens.

I have tried logging out & back in & also tried on 2 different browsers but still having the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions apart from creating a new lesson?

13 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi there, Kate. I'm sorry for the trouble! I was able to replicate this issue where the divider block settings are not accessible when the top and bottom padding are set to no padding or when a divider block is in between blocks with no top padding and 10px bottom padding. We have documented this as a possible software bug. In the meantime, here are some workaround options that you can try:

1. Set the padding to greater than 10px
  2. The block can be deleted if:
  • the divider/spacer block is at the very bottom with the same padding settings
  • there's a top padding
  • there is no top padding but the bottom padding is greater than 10px.
  • the divider/spacer block is moved next to another spacer block

ANNY THOMPSON

We have encountered this too, as we extensively use a zero or 10 px divider as a design element (was not a problem until around the time of this initial post).  I have found that I can usually manage to click on the EDIT button for the divider even when I can't click on the move or delete buttons.  Then I set it to 20px and can delete it.    It is really really frustrating and I'd love it if it could get fixed.