Unable to Upload/Read Files in the Attachment Block (Rise)

Jan 23, 2020

Hi,

I am able to upload files in the Attachment Block, but the file isn't able to be read. Instead of displaying as the specific file type (e.g. .pdf or .doc), it displays the generic "file" label (attached). When I try to open the file, it displays an error message (attached). 

14 Replies
Construcción10 DTI
Evan Bretzmann

Hi,

I am able to upload files in the Attachment Block, but the file isn't able to be read. Instead of displaying as the specific file type (e.g. .pdf or .doc), it displays the generic "file" label (attached). When I try to open the file, it displays an error message (attached). 

Hi Evan I am having the same problema since today.
I really need to get this fixed, do you know a way to make Articulate help us all?

:)
Thanks!

Construcción10 DTI
Ashley Bayless

We are having the same problem too, and the Articulate helpdesk is saying its an issue on our end. My co worker and I have both tried multiple PDF files, from different computers, in new courses and old and can't get it to work.

Hi Ashley

I am having the same problema since today.
I really need to get this fixed, do you know a way to make Articulate help us all?

Thanks!
:D

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, everyone!

Really sorry about the trouble you're having with the attachment block. We're seeing the same thing on our side.

To get around this issue, remove any spaces or special characters from the file name before uploading it to Rise 360. In other words, the file name should have only numbers and letters.

Please let us know if that helps you to work around the problem until we have a fix in place! 

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, everyone! We released a fix for this issue, so now you won't have any trouble downloading files that contain spaces or special characters in the file name. 

To take advantage of this fix, please refresh your browser and re-upload any files that were previously broken. Let us know if you run into any more issues!