Understanding completion recording with Exit Button block

Aug 22, 2023

Hello team,

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see it immediately. I have a Rise 360 course which has an Exit Button block as the final block. The publication settings for the LMS are set so that completion is recorded based on 100% completion. In this situation, does the Exit button have any impact on the completion status? If the user visits all areas of the course but closes without using the Exit button, should it still record completion?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Michael, 

Happy to help!

Some LMSs require learners to exit the course via an 'Exit Course' button before a completion status is sent. I've seen this happen in Docebo LMS for example, while exiting the course via closing the browser will work just fine for other LMSs such as SCORM Cloud. You'll want to test closing your completed course using the 'Exit Course' button as well as by closing the browser to check their behavior when it comes to reporting completion. 

For your reference, here an article which explains when a Rise 360 course communicates completion to an LMS.