Using Articulate360 or Rise 360 with Canvas LMS

Sep 20, 2019

I would like to use the course I created with Articulate/Rise 360 in my teaching. Our College uses Canvas as the LMS. Can anyone tell me how to integrate my Articulate/Rise 360 course into my Canvas LMS? I exported the files from Articulate/Rise 360 and was able to successfully import those files into Canvas but now I don't know how to make the course available in a module in Canvas - any assistance from the community would be appreciated

Mark McCallick, CPA.CGMA

Professor of Accounting - Santa Ana College

24 Replies
Joan York

Mark,

Here's how I've been doing this:

1.  Add SCORM to the Canvas course menu.

2.  Upload Rise course packages (exported as "LMS") to the SCORM area.  I set mine as "Graded," so I can track when they're accessed by students.

3.  Add to a Module by adding an "Assignment."  The course should be listed in the list of Assignments already in the course.

Hope this helps!  

Chardai Stokes

I am a grad student creating a module for my final class I have created a course using Rise 360 and I would like to use this platform again, however, I need to be able to use the creation on Rise 360 on CANVAS as that is my institutions LMS. I have read a few articles that say SCORM allows this however, I do not have SCORM in my navigation. Can someone help me or point me in the direction of the resources who may be able to help?

Joan York

Karen,

I can't really tell from your image where the gap is. Here's a screenshot of how our Rise SCORN packages display in Canvas:  https://www.screencast.com/t/PI7AFPmG  I shared the basic method in earlier posts in this discussion.  There's also an option to have them display full-screen in a separate tab.

Our courses are all built using Articulate in Canvas.  I can't add you to one of our courses without incurring a charge, but you are welcome t0 enroll on our Catalog site:  https://learn.extension.okstate.edu

The horse courses use SL, but the rest use Rise.  

Best,

Joan

Shari Lendy

I have managed to do this a few times but have made a revision and now the file remains a 'zip' file.  It does not stay opened like the others- I remember that I need to 'expand' it somewhere- but in which step of the process?  I am using a Mac.  I know it is not in the add to module steps because I have already tried that several times.  

Jonathan Barlar

Joan, 

When you are creating courses in Rise to go in Canvas, do you create each assignment as a separate Rise course?  Trying to figure out the best way to add Rise courses in various modules that span throughout the course semester and I'm thinking that's what I need to do.  Totally new to this though so thankful for all advice!

Joan York

Dana,

I haven't tested it lately, but most of our thousands of learners use phones to take their self-paced courses with no problems. There may be challenges navigating certain blocks, like sorting. We did stop recommending the Canvas Student app and recommend that they use one of the Canvas-supported browsers instead.

Joan

Dana Von Berg

Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for this information.  My department might be doing some work with a vendor that wants us to offer classes to frontline workers who need to be able to access their course work on their mobile phones.  Our current LMS doesn't work well on mobile devices so we were thinking of using Rise. However, I learned that the Rise 360 content needs to be supported by an LMS or a website so the content can be easily accessed.  We are thinking that Canvas might be a good possibility to assist with this. Do you know if the challenges with navigating and sorting are better using the Canvas-supported browsers instead of the Canvas Student app? 

Please let me know if you have any further information on that.  Thanks again for your reply and for providing this helpful information.

-Dana

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dana!

Since you're interested in getting your course Rise 360 in front of an audience on mobile devices, I wanted to tell you about Reach 360! 

Reach 360 is a lightweight distribution tool to deploy your e-learning content. Unlike a traditional learning management system (LMS), Reach 360 requires practically no implementation time, meaning you can get started in just a few days, not months. It’s a flexible, cost-effective add-on to your existing Articulate 360 Teams plan that enables your organization to reach more learners directly.

You can learn more about Reach 360 by viewing the User Guide:
You can start a trial of Reach 360 to take it for a test drive! Just click the Reach 360 tab on your Articulate 360 dashboard to request a trial.

Let me know if you have any questions about it!