Video controls not working in Rise

Jul 06, 2022

I have added video to my Rise course using the video block, but can't actually use the video controls. If I click on the seek bar, or try to drag the marker, the video restarts. This also happens with 'official' Articulate training videos. It seems to be just one one of my laptops though - I've tried on another and they are working fine on that. Does anybody have any suggestions that I can try?

Thanks,

Mark

5 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Mark! Sorry to hear that the video controls aren't working in one of your machines.

Let's try the following:

1. Please make sure that your device and browser is updated. Please check if you are using  a supported browser and that your browser is updated. Refer to the links below on how to update your browser:
Once updated, restart your browser and try accessing it again. Does the issue persist?

2. Try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior, Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

4. Restart your computer.

5. If the above steps do not work, kindly try clearing your cache to see if it will resolve the issue. Here's how:
Julia Kirby

I have the same problem in Storyline.  Most of my content is comprised of videos and I've tried removing the player seek bar and play button so that the video controls are the only option to FF or RR, but that doesn't work.  I also tried disabling the video controls and keeping the player seek bar and play/pause button but no matter what I do, all the videos just start over when you click any controls.  This happens to me on my laptop, iphone and tablet and my browser is up to date.