Vimeo links not being updated correctly into Rise (weird behaviour)

Sep 24, 2021

Hi Rise community, I just want to point an issue and may need some support and guidance to understand better the following behaviour. 

My team is developing a few Rises for a course.  We are including lots of videos and we are using Vimeo to host and manage the videos.   In rise we are using embeding the videos using the vimeo links and all working good.

The issues is that every-time we QC and update the videos (by simple replacing them in Vimeo- links remain the same),  the update is not being synched in Rise.  Our Rise creators are constantly telling me that videos updates are not reflected/synch in Rise (although they have in Vimeo) and what we are doing is deleting the link in pasting them (the same link) again in Rise to make it work.

This is a really weird behaviour that cannot explain why it happens,  so just wondering if someone has experienced something similar.

Thanks! 

1 Reply
Renz Sevilla

Hi Pedro! Thanks for reaching out and sharing those details. If it's using the same link and no further changes are required, it's possible the old version is showing due to an old cache.

Can you please log out and try clearing your browsing data after you update a video? Here's how to do it for your browser:

Let me know if that doesn't help!