Forum Discussion

TheresaMalic743
Community Member
2 days ago

Portfolio

Make the Moment

This eLearning course was developed using Storyline 360 with a focus on interactive learning and accessibility.

Key Features:

• Markers (Hotspots): Learners are guided through the basics of place setting using interactive hotspots.
  • Drag-and-Drop Interaction: Learners actively engage by creating a formal table setting, reinforcing their understanding of the material.
  • Guest-Employee Dialogues: Realistic conversations simulate on-the-job interactions, helping learners practice communication and decision-making skills.

Accessibility Considerations: The course was designed with accessibility in mind, adhering to 508 compliance standards to ensure it’s accessible for all users. While I considered audio elements, I opted for a text-based course for better accessibility, with future plans to offer optional audio narration for a more flexible learning experience.

Gamification and Storytelling: I implemented a badge system to reward learners, driving engagement throughout the course. Storytelling techniques were also incorporated through a relatable scenario, featuring a niece and aunt on a wedding day, to deepen emotional connection and contextual understanding.

View the "Make the Moment" eLearning Course

Acing Your Internship Interview

This Storyline 360 course helps learners master the STAR method for interview success, utilizing interactive features to build skills progressively.

Key Features:

• Drag-and-Drop Interactions: Learners start by identifying key story parts and work up to creating their own stories with feedback, applying the STAR method.
  • Branching Scenarios: Tailored learning paths cater to specific career interests, enhancing relevance and engagement.

The course combines interactive storytelling with practical skill-building to prepare learners for real-world interviews.

View the "Acing Your Internship Interview" eLearning Course

Luminex xMAP® Technology Overview

I took full ownership of this explainer video, handling everything from start to finish—scriptwriting, graphic design, animation, and narration—using a variety of tools to bring the concept to life.

Project Scope:

• Scriptwriting and Narration: I developed a clear, engaging script that simplifies the technology for a lay audience and recorded the narration.
  • Graphic Design and Animation: I created all visuals using Microsoft PowerPoint, Photoshop, and After Effects. The animations were designed to visually complement the content and ensure a seamless learning experience.
  • Collaboration with SMEs: Partnered with subject matter experts to ensure the content accurately represents the technology, making it both technically sound and accessible.

Accessibility Considerations: The video was designed with 508 compliance in mind, ensuring that all content—including visuals, captions, and audio—meets accessibility standards. Features such as descriptive text, closed captions, and appropriate color contrast were incorporated to make the video accessible to all users.

Watch the Luminex xMAP Technology Overview Video

No RepliesBe the first to reply