Storyline 360 lets you add a glossary of terms and definitions to your course for quick reference.
In order for the Glossary tab to show in your course, it needs to be enabled in your player. Learn more about choosing your player features.
- Working with the Glossary
- Adding Terms and Definitions to Your Glossary
- Editing and Deleting Glossary Terms
- Reusing a Glossary in Other Projects
- Showing or Hiding the Glossary Tab on a Slide-by-Slide Basis
- Changing the Name of the Glossary Tab
To work with the glossary, go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click Player. When the Player Properties window appears, click Glossary on the ribbon.
- Click the Add icon (looks like a blank piece of paper) at the bottom of the window.
- When the Glossary Term window appears, enter a term and its definition in the fields provided.
- Click Save.
Tip: As you add glossary terms, Storyline automatically alphabetizes them for you.
Use the buttons at the bottom of the glossary window to edit and delete glossary terms.
When you add a glossary to a course, it gets saved in the project, not in the player. As a result, saving your player and applying it to another Storyline project doesn't carry over your glossary to the new project.
If you want to reuse the same glossary in another project, we recommend saving the original project as a Storyline template. When you're ready to begin a new project, use the template as your starting point by clicking Import > Import from story template on the Storyline start screen.
If you later add, delete, or change glossary terms in a Storyline template, those changes won't carry over to existing projects based on that template. You'll need to make the same changes in each project separately.
By default, built-in player tabs, such as the Glossary tab, display for all slides in a course, but you can hide them for some slides. See this user guide for details.
Want to change the title of the Glossary tab? Just edit the name in your player text labels. If you need help editing text labels, see this user guide.