Articulate 360 Teams: Where to Find Transferred Content When Someone Leaves Your Team
When someone leaves an Articulate 360 Teams account, an admin can transfer that user’s content to another team member. The new owner has full control over the transferred content, including Rise 360 courses, label sets, and block templates; Review 360 items; and Storyline 360 team slides. Here’s what the new owner sees in their Articulate 360 apps.
As the new content owner, you get all the Rise 360 courses, microlearning, custom label sets, block templates, and question banks that belonged to the user who left your team.
In Rise 360, you’ll see a new folder in the sidebar named after the user who left your team, as shown below. We call this folder the “transfer folder.”
If the user didn’t have any Rise 360 courses or microlearning, you won’t see a transfer folder on your dashboard. And if the user had transfer folders from previous team members, you’ll see multiple transfer folders in your account, one for each user.
In the transfer folder, you’ll see all the user’s Rise 360 courses and microlearning sorted by title. A tag indicates whether the course was in a folder in the previous owner's account, including the deleted content folder. Click the ellipsis (•••) on any content to see all the options for managing that content. For example, you might move the course from the transfer folder to another folder in your account. Learn more about managing Rise 360 content.
Here are some tips for working with transferred courses:
- You can’t move content into the transfer folder. You can only move content out of it.
- You can’t rename the transfer folder, but you can delete it. Hover over it in the sidebar and click the Delete icon that appears. When you delete the transfer folder, all the courses in it move to your Deleted Courses folder. Then you can restore or permanently delete them.
- You can restore or permanently delete courses tagged as Deleted Content. When you restore a deleted course (by selecting the Remove from trash option), it stays in the transfer folder, and the tag is removed.
- When you duplicate content in the transfer folder, the copy appears in your All Content container.
- By default, the content is sorted by title. Use the Sort by drop-down list in the upper right corner to sort by date or folder. The folder sort option is only available when you’re in a transfer folder. Here, content that the previous owner didn’t assign to folders appear at the top.
- To search transferred content, select the transfer folder first, then run the search.
- Course collaborators retain access to content and can continue to use them.
The previous owner's custom label sets also get transferred to your account if the transferred courses use them. You’ll find them in your course settings. Learn more about text labels.
You have full control of all shared and personal block templates created by the user who left your team. You’ll see Edit and Delete icons when you hover over these block templates in Rise 360. Learn more about block templates.
All of the user's personal question banks and question bank folders will appear in your personal library. You have full control of all personal question banks created by the user who left your team. You become the owner of any question banks they've shared to the team folder. Learn more about question banks.
In Review 360, you’ll see a new folder in the sidebar named after the user who left your team, as shown below. We call this folder the “transfer folder.” (If the user had no Review 360 items, you won’t see a transfer folder on your dashboard.)
In the transfer folder, you'll see all the user's Review 360 items from the previous owner's account in the same folder structure. Click the ellipsis (•••) on any item to see all the options for managing that content. For example, you might move the item from the transfer folder to another folder in your account. Learn more about managing Review 360 content.
Tips for Managing Transferred Items
- You have full control of transferred content, including all existing comments.
- Transfer folders function as regular folders. You can move Review 360 items and folders in the transfer folder or create new subfolders. The previous owner's folder structure is also preserved.
- The previous owner's deleted Review 360 items are also transferred to your Deleted Items container in a new folder, specifying it contains their deleted items.
- The search feature in Review 360 searches all projects in all folders, including the transfer folder, but it doesn’t search your Deleted Items container.
You have full control of Storyline 360 team slides that the previous owner shared with your team. As the new owner, you can update, delete, and restore these team slides right from Storyline 360. Learn more about team slides.
Tip: If the previous owner deleted any team slides, they’ll appear in the Deleted Items folder. You can restore or permanently delete them.