Previewing is a great way to see the changes you've made to your interaction without publishing it. And with Engage 360, previewing is easier and more powerful than ever. You can preview how your interaction will look and behave on any device and orientation with responsive preview options.
To preview your interaction from the beginning, do any of the following:
- Press F12 on your keyboard.
- Click any of the device icons on the new responsive preview toolbar.
- Click the top half of the Preview button on the Engage ribbon.
- Click the drop-down arrow below the Preview button and choose From beginning.
To preview your interaction from the step that’s currently selected, do either of the following:
- Press Ctrl+F12 on your keyboard.
- Click the drop-down arrow below the Preview button and choose From this step.
Use the buttons on the preview ribbon to do any of the following:
This closes the preview window and takes you back to wherever you were prior to previewing.
This lets you preview a different step in your interaction without closing the preview window.
This replays the current step. To replay the entire interaction from the beginning, click the Replay drop-down arrow and choose Replay entire interaction.
This closes the preview window and takes you directly to the step in your project that you were just previewing.
Click any of the five device icons in the upper right corner of the screen to quickly switch your preview to another device or orientation, including:
With Engage 360, it’s super easy to see how your interaction will look and behave with the new responsive player on any mobile device and orientation.
Responsive Playback Properties
Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window to open the Responsive Playback window where you can restrict which mobile device orientations learners are allowed to use.
For example, if you build an interaction that works best in landscape mode and you don’t want learners to have a subpar experience by holding their mobile devices in portrait mode, just limit playback to landscape mode for tablets and smartphones.
Although most Engage content displays during preview just like it will when you publish, there are a couple items that are unavailable during preview.
- Videos from websites, such as YouTube and Vimeo, won’t work during preview.
- Hyperlinks may not work as expected during preview. Publish to test hyperlinks.