You can customize the appearance of your quiz by changing the colors, font, and font size for your player. Complement the design elements in your quiz or match your organization's color and font guidelines.
Note: Currently, the color and font options only apply to the standard player, not the responsive player. See this interactive demo to know which player properties are supported in the responsive player.
- Working with the Player Colors and Font
- Switching to a Different Player Color Scheme
- Customizing a Color Scheme
- Resetting a Modified Color Scheme
- Saving a Custom Color Scheme
- Deleting a Color Scheme
- Changing the Page Background Color
- Changing the Player Font
- Changing the Player Font Size
- Saving Player Changes
To change your player's colors and font, go to the Home tab on the Articulate Quizmaker ribbon and click Player.
When the Player Properties window appears, click Colors & Effects on the ribbon.
The color scheme selector shows the name of the color scheme you're currently using. The preview area on the right side of the window shows what your player would look like if it were published with that color scheme. You can see how different color schemes look by choosing schemes from the drop-down.
Here’s how to create a custom color scheme:
- Click Show advanced color editing to reveal additional color options.
- Use the Edit item drop-down to choose the portion of the player you want to change.
- Use the color selector to choose a new color. (If you see top and bottom colors, it means the item is a gradient composed of two colors.) If you don't see the color you want, click More Colors to specify a custom color.
- To apply transparency to the item you're modifying, enter a percentage in the Transparency field. (Transparency isn’t available for all items.)
If you've modified a color scheme and want to undo those changes, click the Reset button.
Custom color schemes are saved with your project files. However, they won't be available for other projects unless you save them separately.
To save a custom color scheme, click the Save button, give it a name, and click OK.
Saved color schemes are stored in your project files and in the following directory on your computer:
To remove a custom color scheme, select it from the Color scheme drop-down, then click the Delete button.
The deleted scheme will no longer appear in your color choices. However, if you delete a color scheme that's applied to another quiz, it won't be removed from that quiz—it'll just be stored in that particular project file.
Tip: Built-in color schemes can’t be deleted.
The page background is the color that appears behind the player when learners view your published quiz. Depending on their browser size and the size of your published quiz, learners may see this color around the perimeter of your player. If you made the base of your player fully or partially transparent, the page background color will show there, too.
Use the Page background selector to choose a color. The color palette comes from your theme colors. If you don't see the color you want, click More Colors to specify a custom color.
To change the font for player elements, such as buttons and prompts, use the Player font drop-down. Your font selection will show in the preview area on the right side of the window.
The default player font size is 100%, but you can adjust it. Just enter a value between 75% and 200% in the field provided.
When you click OK to close the Player Properties window, Quizmaker saves your player customizations in your project file.
If you'd like to use the same customizations in other projects, click Current Player on the ribbon and choose Save. Enter a name for your custom player if you're prompted and click OK.
To learn more about the Current Player options, see this user guide.