Slide View is where you build individual slides for your quiz. Add content, apply animations, adjust timings, customize the design, and more. In this user guide, you’ll learn how to work in Slide View.
- Switching to Slide View
- Jumping to Different Slides or Question Groups
- Keeping Multiple Slides Open in Slide View
- Renaming Slides
- Undocking and Redocking Panels
- Adding Content to Slides
To switch to Slide View, select a slide in your question list, then do any of the following.
- Press F3.
- Double-click the slide.
- Click the Slide icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the View tab on the ribbon and click Slide View.
Tip: Question slides also have a Form View, where you can edit question properties, such as answer choices, score, number of attempts, feedback, and more. Just click the buttons in the Question panel on the right side of the screen to toggle between Slide View and Form View.
To jump to a different slide in the same question group, click one of the slide thumbnails in the Groups panel on the left side of the screen. To jump to a different question group, select it from the Groups drop-down.
Sometimes it's helpful to keep several slides (or question groups) open in separate Slide View tabs for editing and comparison.
To open multiple slides in separate tabs, click the Questions tab just below the ribbon, then double-click each slide you want to open. They'll open in a new Slide View tab.
To close a tab, click the X at the right end of its tab or press Ctrl+W. (This won't delete the slide; it’ll just remove it from view until you open it again.)
To rename a slide in Slide View, do any of the following:
- Double-click its tab to open it for editing, type a new name, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Double-click its name in the Groups panel to open it for editing, type a new name, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click its slide thumbnail in the Groups panel and choose Rename. Type a new name and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Change the question text on the slide itself (or the title text for blank slides).
Here's a helpful tip: You can undock panels and move them to another monitor if you need more room to work. Just click the title of a panel and drag it to a new location, or double-click the title to pop the panel out.
To redock a panel, click the Redock button in the panel's upper right corner.
To redock all panels at the same time, go to the View tab on the ribbon and click Redock All Windows.
To learn more about working with the Quizmaker interface, see this user guide.
To learn how to add content to your slides, apply animations, adjust timings, and customize the design, see these user guides.