Using Badges, Awards, and Achievements in E-Learning Courses #197
Using Awards and Badges in E-Learning #197: Challenge | Recap
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share an example that demonstrates how badges, awards, or achievements can be used in e-learning.
If you’re new to course authoring, focus on the technical basics of working with variables and showing custom bookmarking states. For those with more experience, try showing more real-world examples that demonstrate how awards and badges can be appropriately used in e-learning.
New Entries Only!
We’ve hosted several gamification, showing progress, and personalization challenges which are similar to this week’s topic. To keep this week’s entries fresh, we’re asking that you only share new examples in this week’s challenge.
Here are some previous challenges to help you get started:
- Using Progress Meters in E-Learning #60: Progress indicators are a great way to let learners see how much they’ve finished, and how much there is to go.
- Gamify an E-Learning Course #102: This week, your challenge is to gamify an existing course, demo, or template. Show us the original project, the gamified makeover, and tell us which gamification element(s) you used.
- Personalize Your E-Learning Courses with Gamification Techniques #134: This week, your challenge is to share an example that demonstrates one or more ways to personalize an e-learning course using gamification techniques.
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you level up in this week’s challenge, check out the adaptive path branching examples your fellow community members shared over the past week:
Adaptive Path Branching in E-Learning RECAP #196: Challenge | Recap
Wishing you a rewarding week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.