Sliders are one of my favorite interactive objects in Storyline 360. They're super flexible and one of the best ways to add advanced interactivity to your e-learning courses. And they're also a great way to learn to work with variables in Storyline.
And that's because sliders use variables to track where the slider's thumb is dragged on the slider's track. But you don't need to worry about creating the variable, choosing the variable type, or using triggers and conditions to adjust the variable's value. Instead, Storyline does all the heavy lifting for you.
You only need to tell Storyline what should happen when the slider's variable changes.
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share an interactive slider example. Feel free to rework a previous version you created or share something entirely new this week. And if you get stuck or have questions along the way, hit us up in the forums, and we’ll help you out.
Here are some previous slider challenges and recaps. If you see an example you like but don’t know how or where to start, just let us know in the comments below.
- Using Sliders with E-Learning Characters #311: Challenge | Recap
- Interactive Documents with Sliders #300: Challenge | Recap
- Parallax Scrolling Effects in E-Learning #253: Challenge | Recap
- Combining Sliders for Interactive Infographics #260: Challenge | Recap
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
- Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you slide into this week’s challenge, check out the creative ways designers use webcam video and AI avatars to engage learners:
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.
Next Week’s Challenge & Webinar
I'm hosting a webinar next week on using audio in Storyline 360. I'll reference this week's challenge in the session and share your examples in the session.
- Next week's challenge #412 (April 7): Course Starters for Compliance Training
Got an idea for a challenge? Are you interested in doing a webinar showcasing how you made one or more challenge demos? Or do you have some comments for your humble challenge host? Use this anonymous form to share your feedback: https://bit.ly/ElearningChallengeForm.