Using Webcam Video in E-Learning Courses #49
Webcam Video in E-Learning #49: Challenge | Recap
Challenge of the week
This week your challenge is to create a webcam video to introduce yourself and the types of e-learning projects you enjoy most.
This challenge is the third in our portfolio challenges. In previous challenges, you created interactive resumes and shared your e-learning portfolios. This week you'll record a video introduction and highlight some projects you've designed.
You can use Articulate Replay (free) or any other video software to create and mix your webcam and screencast video.
Publishing your videos
You can embed your webcam videos in Articulate Studio or Articulate Storyline and share your project like any other course. Another option is to publish to a video hosting service like YouTube, Vimeo, or even Flickr.
If you need help hosting your project, send me a message through Heroes and I’ll help you out.
Share your e-learning work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published project and blog post.
- Forums: Create your own thread in our E-Learning Heroes forums and share a link to your published demo.
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
- Facebook: Reply to this Facebook post with a link to your webcam video.
Here are a few articles on creating your own webcam videos with Articulate Replay.
Video tips and resources
Here are a few helpful resources for creating webcam videos. Please feel free to share your own tips and favorite resources in the comments below.
Lighting for a Webcam | Wistia Video Production tips
Create Flipped Classroom Content Easily with Articulate Replay
What you show is up to you. The challenge this week is to help get you started with webcam video. Have fun with it!
More About E-Learning Challenges
The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.
Even if you’re using a trial version of Studio ’13 or Storyline, you can absolutely publish your challenge files. Just sign up for a fully functional, free trial, and have at it. And remember to post your questions and comments in the forums; we're here to help.