Import your Quizmaker quizzes into Storyline 3 to save time and reuse existing question lists.
Storyline 3 supports quizzes from Quizmaker ‘09, Quizmaker ‘13, and Quizmaker 360. (Quizmaker doesn't need to be installed to import quizzes.)
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Import on the Storyline start screen and select Import Quizmaker.
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import, and click Quizmaker.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, scroll to Import, and choose Quizmaker.
- Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose Quizmaker.
- Browse to the Quizmaker quiz you want to import and click Open.
- If you opened the wrong quiz or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline will display thumbnail images for all the slides in the quiz, divided into question groups based on the original quiz file. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you choose otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also click Select All or None in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all slides at once.
- To select or deselect an entire question group and all the slides it contains, click the question group name.
- To make navigation a little easier, you can also collapse and expand question groups by clicking the triangle to the left of each question group name. (Note that collapsing and expanding question groups doesn't impact whether they'll be imported or not.)
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down at the bottom of the window to choose where the quiz slides should appear in your course. You can insert them into a new scene, which is the default option, or you can choose an existing scene. If you choose a new scene, use the Scene field to give it a name.
- Click Import to complete the process.
Tip: Question groups that are randomized in Quizmaker will be imported into Storyline as question banks. Question groups that aren't randomized in Quizmaker will be imported into Storyline as individual slides in the selected scene.
After importing a quiz into Storyline, you can edit questions like any other slide. You can also use the Form View and Slide View buttons in the Question panel on the right side of the screen to toggle between both editing workspaces.
To learn more about the question editor, including scoring, number of attempts, feedback, and branching, see this user guide.
Storyline uses feedback layers to display feedback for each question. There are various types of feedback you can give learners, including Correct, Incorrect, Try Again, Review, and Thank You.
Storyline will automatically generate some feedback layers for you, but you can add more. To add, edit, or delete feedback layers, go to the question slide you want to modify, then use the Slide Layers panel in the lower right corner of the screen.
When you import a quiz into Storyline, the result slide from the quiz will automatically be imported as well, and the imported questions will be associated with that result slide by default.
However, Storyline supports multiple result slides in the same project, so you can change the result slide that tracks each question if you’d prefer to break the original quiz into multiple assessments in Storyline.