Enhance your Storyline 3 courses with videos from any of three sources: video files, websites, and webcams.
Note: Videos will be automatically synchronized with the slide and controlled by the timeline. To add an interactive SWF file that plays independently of the slide and isn't controlled by the timeline, insert it as a Flash movie instead.
Here’s how to insert a video from a file:
- Do either of the following:
- Browse to the video you want to use and click Open.
These file formats are natively supported in Storyline:
These file formats will be converted to MP4 in Storyline:
Tip: If your video placeholder is hard to see (it could be a white, black, or transparent rectangle in Storyline), right-click it and choose Set Poster Frame. Then browse for an image file to use as the video placeholder.
Note: Website videos play independently of the slide and aren’t controlled by the timeline.
- In Slide View, go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Video from Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website and paste it into the Insert Video from Website box.
- Click Insert.
You can even record videos directly from your webcam. Here’s how:
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Record Webcam.
- Before you begin recording, click Show device settings to choose the webcam/microphone you want to use (if you have more than one) and set the video size.
- Click the red Record button to begin recording.
- When you've finished recording, click the Stop button.
- If you'd like to preview your recording before inserting it into your project, click the Play button.
- To redo your recording, click the X to delete the current recording, then click the Record button to start over.
- When you're ready to insert the recording into your project, click OK.