Using Interactive Dials in E-Learning #453

Using Dials in E-Learning #453: Challenge | Recap

Interactive dials are a great way to simulate real-world objects and tasks in your e-learning courses.

Dials are similar to sliders, but where sliders move along a straight path, dials move in an arc or a circular path. Dials also use less space than sliders, so learners can quickly scroll through large amounts of data.

The best part? Dials are super easy to use and customize. With just one click, you can easily format pre-made dials or convert any object, graphic, or image into a unique dial. 

Here are a few ways dials are commonly used in e-learning:

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share an example that demonstrates how you're using interactive dials in e-learning.

🧰 Resources

Downloads

User Guide

On-Demand Training

✨ Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you dial into this week’s challenge, check out innovative ways course designers are using AI to help build better e-learning:

Show How You

Using AI in E-Learning Design #452: Challenge | Recap

👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

📅 Next Week’s Challenge

• Challenge #454 (03.22): Using variables in e-learning. This variables challenge will be different because you'll be asked to share a demo that uses all three variables.

🚨 Contact Information

Just a quick heads up – if you want your blog, website, or LinkedIn included in our recap posts, could you do me a favor and add or update those links onto your ELH profile sometime this week?

I found some broken links last week when I pulled the recap together. You spend a lot of time building creative examples, and your work deserves all the attention it can get.

If you make changes, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

145 Comments
Amy Swagger
David Atkinson
Chloe Okura
bylittle learning
Sherry Stancil

My first challenge with Course Heroes (and first attempt at using dials) was so much fun, as I embraced the theme of interactive dials and knobs to craft a unique learning journey. Inspired by the concept of television news segments, I transformed the traditional course format into an engaging exploration of crisis management's five stages. Through the lens of a TV viewer, learners could 'turn the channel' to witness each stage unfold, fostering an immersive and dynamic learning environment. This project not only allowed me to experiment with innovative design elements but also sparked my creativity and passion for course development. I am grateful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge and for the inspiration it has provided me with. Looking forward to many more exciting ven... Expand

Madison Bales