7 Ways to Speed Up Your Workflow in Rise 360
Rise 360 makes creating gorgeous, fully responsive e-learning superquick and easy. And with new features being added to Rise 360 all the time, it’s the gift that keeps on giving for course creators! If you’re looking for ways to speed up your workflow and cut down course development time, you’re in the right spot. Here are just some of the ways the features in Rise 360 make creating e-learning even more of a breeze:
1. Create courses quickly using Rise 360 templates
Do you ever receive training requests that you need to fulfill fast, but you don’t have the bandwidth to create a course from scratch? Not to worry—with Rise 360 templates, you can quickly check training requests off your list. Rise 360 includes over 1,000 professionally researched and designed templates, so you can cut down the time you spend creating content. Choose between two kinds of fully customizable options:
- Real content templates contain fully designed and written content, so you can skip the course creation step altogether. These templates are perfect for when you need a course about a topic you aren’t familiar with or want to expand your company’s course catalog in minutes. Either publish real content course templates as is or quickly add your company logo and tweak the content to fit your needs. And if you need just a lesson or two, you can grab a real content lesson template to mix and match with your existing content.
- Placeholder content templates are a great fit when you want to customize your own lessons. With prebuilt blocks, interactions, and design assets, you'll get a big head start on building engaging, effective courses. By starting with a placeholder template, you can skip the process of outlining and structuring a course from scratch and jump straight to updating the placeholder blocks with your own content.
To learn more about Rise 360 templates and how they can save you loads of time, check out this helpful article: Create Online Courses Faster Than Ever with 1,000+ Rise 360 Templates.
2. Streamline course development with block templates
Have you ever customized blocks in a lesson and wanted to repurpose them for another course? Thanks to block templates in Rise 360, it’s easy to turn any block or set of blocks you’ve created into a time-saving template.
Block templates are a big win—whether you’re a one-person training department or part of a larger team. If you’re flying solo, saving existing blocks you’ve already designed as block templates helps you quickly reuse content in other courses.
Articulate 360 Teams subscribers have the added ability to share block templates with everyone on the team so you can all reuse content and produce courses with a similar look and feel.
Get step-by-step instructions on creating and working with block templates in this handy article: How to Copy Blocks from One Lesson to Another in Rise 360.
3. Use question banks to create quizzes fast
With the quiz question bank feature in Rise 360, you can create a set of questions once and reuse that bank as many times as you want. And because question banks are independent of courses, you can use them in any Rise 360 project you create. You can even use the same question bank in multiple spots in the same course. For example, use a few questions in a knowledge check and then include even more questions from that same bank in the final evaluation.
And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you can collaborate on question banks and share your questions with team members to use in their projects. It’s a great way to speed up your quiz creation workflow and ensure more consistency in your assessments.
Find more details on question banks by reading this article: Use Question Banks to Create Knowledge Checks and Quizzes.
4. Save time by creating courses collaboratively
One of the coolest features of the Articulate 360 Teams plan is collaborative authoring in Rise 360. You and your collaborators can work on different lessons at the same time or take turns fine-tuning the same lesson to produce courses in record time.
For the lowdown on this feature, don’t miss this how-to article: Rise 360: Work on a Course with Other Team Members.
5. Get consolidated SME feedback with Review 360
Getting buy-in and approval from reviewers and stakeholders can really slow down your project flow. But thanks to Review 360, collecting feedback is so much easier. Review 360 is a web-based project review app that lets you collect contextual feedback from stakeholders, reply to and resolve threaded conversations in comments, and manage a project’s version history from one spot.
To learn how to publish a Rise 360 course to Review 360, take a peek at this video and article: Rise 360: Publish a Course to Review 360.
6. Stay organized with folders
If you like to keep things tidy, Rise 360 folders are a practical solution for managing and organizing courses from your dashboard.
Just like everything else with Rise 360, folders are simple to use. You can add folders and organize courses by topic, department, or creation date—the possibilities are endless!
If you’re curious about creating, managing, and relocating folders, check out this article: Rise 360: How to Organize Courses in Folders.
7. Save some clicks with Rise 360’s menus
If you love smart features that save time, you’ll be delighted to know there are quite a few in Rise 360.
For example, from the Rise 360 dashboard, you can export a project, send a copy to another Articulate 360 user, make a duplicate, move a course to a folder, or completely delete a course.
And when you’re in the outline editing mode, you can change a lesson’s icon, make a duplicate, copy a lesson to another course, or delete a lesson.
We’ve also added quick drop-down lists that let you change the block layouts on the fly. These dropdowns make creating the perfect look for your content even faster and easier.
For more details about these handy Rise 360 menus, check out this instructional article: Rise 360: Use Your Dashboard to Manage Courses.
These are only a few of our favorite Rise 360 timesavers—it was hard to narrow down the list! Using these helpful features can speed up your workflow and cut down your course development time, freeing you to tackle all the other items on your to-do list. And we’re not done adding features to Rise 360 that make course creation a breeze—keep an eye on our road map to see what other goodies we have in store for the future.
How do you use the features in Rise 360 to save yourself design time? Share your ideas by leaving a comment below. For more Rise 360 tips and tricks, check out these helpful articles:
- Rise 360: Insider Tips & Tricks
- 3 Reasons to Use Content Library 360 in Rise 360
- 6 Amazing Things You Can Do in Rise 360
- Why Rise 360 Is a Kick-Butt Multi-Device Authoring App
Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.