Articulate Presenter’s web object feature gives you a versatile way to leverage web-based resources: applications, games, videos, reference materials, and more. Whether those resources are online or stored on your local computer, simply embed them into your course.
Adding Web Objects
To add a web object, do the following:
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, and click Web Object. The following Insert Web Object window will open.
- Depending on whether your web content is currently online or located on your local computer, do one of the following:
- If your web content is online: Type the URL of the web page into the Address field.
- If your web content is on your local computer: Click the Browse button (looks like an open folder). Navigate to the folder that contains your web content and click OK. (Note: There must be a file called index.htm or index.html in the folder, and all supporting files that are necessary for your web content to function must be in the same folder.)
- You can click the Test Link button to make sure your web content launches the way you expect.
- Choose how you want the web content to display, either Display in slide or Display in a new browser window.
- What if you don't want your web content to display immediately? No problem. Presenter will wait for the number of seconds you specify. Just enter a number in the field provided: Start Web Object __ seconds into the slide.
- Mark the Load Web Object Automatically box if you want your web content to load without any interaction from learners. Or, uncheck the box if you want it to load only when learners click it.
- If you chose to display your web content in a new browser window (see step 4 above), decide how the new window should look.
- Use the Browser Controls drop-down to specify which controls the new window will have. Choose Default if the new window should have the same controls as the parent browser window. Choose No browser controls if you'd prefer the new browser window not have any controls.
- Use the Window Size drop-down to select a size. If you select Custom, specify the width and height in pixels.
- Click OK when you've finished making your selections.
- If your web content is located on the Internet or an intranet, learners will need the proper security permissions to access it. Otherwise, the web object won't work for them.
- Web objects can't be viewed during preview. To view web objects, publish for Web, Articulate Online, or LMS, and upload the published output to a server. Publish for CD if you need to view the content without uploading it to a server.
Editing Web Object Properties
To edit properties for a web object after it has been added to your Presenter course:
- Select the web object placeholder on the slide and go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon.
- Click the Web Object drop-down arrow and choose Edit Web Object Properties.
- Make your changes and click OK.