Course Starter Templates Inspired by Restaurant Menus #373

Restaurant Menu Inspired Course Starters #373: Challenge | Recap

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to design a course starter template using design elements from restaurant menus.

You can include as many slides as you like, but your goal should be to find the most essential content slides course designers would need to start building an e-learning course using restaurant menu themes. On average, course starter templates include 6-10 common slide types. 

Here are some examples you could include in your course starter:

• Cover slide
  • Objectives slide
  • Content slide
  • Quiz slide
  • Interaction slide (tabs, timeline, etc.)
  • Scenario slide

Restaurant Menu Inspired Template

This example from Trina does a great job balancing restaurant menu design elements while still following common e-learning navigation patterns. 

Restaurant Menu Inspired Template

View the example | Download the template

Where to Find Restaurant Menu Examples

If you're looking for inspiration, check out Art of the Menu. The site showcases restaurant menus from around the world and features options to search by cuisine, restaurant location, or keyword. 

Where to Find Restaurant Menu Examples

View Art of the Menu

What are Course Starter Templates?

Course starters are multi-slide templates that combine the most common e-learning content and interaction slides. Starter templates provide a structure to the design, layout, and flow of an e-learning course.

Below you'll find a few examples from previous course starter challenges.

Jodi M. Sansone

Jodi Sansone

Example | Download | Jodi Sansone | Website | @jodimsansone

Susan Schleef

Susan Schleef

View project | Susan Schleef

Andrzej Jabłoński

Andrzej Jabłoński

View project | Download | Andrzej Jabłoński

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

To help you build up an appetite for this week's menu challenge, take a few minutes to view the button set examples your fellow challengers shared over the past week:

19 Ways to Create Toggle Effects with Button Sets in Storyline 360 #372

Button Set Examples in Storyline 360 RECAP #372: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article

76 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone
Jodi M. Sansone
Ron Katz

Hello Heroes, Here is my starter template for the week, based on the menu of a restaurant in Indianopolis called Bluebeard. (How did I select Bluebeard if I have never been to Indianapolis you ask? Well, I went to the Art of the Menu website (Which David had suggested), jumped to page 60 (because I just had my 60th birthday) and selected a restaurant on the page that I thought might be cool. End of story.) Demo: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/0825602c-3283-4ba1-b305-f72a20a7d76c/review Once you view it, you can download the template and the fonts by clicking the DOWNLOADS link in the upper right corner. I selected free fonts to download which looked like the fonts from Bluebeards webpage by taking a clip of the fonts and dropping them each into "What's my font" we... Expand

Ron Katz
Michael Grant
Daniel Canaveral
David Anderson
Dave LeFevre