|We’re shutting down Articulate Online on December 31, 2021. Learn more.|
Articulate Online is our hosted tracking and reporting system for e-learning content. We’ve made it easy to publish and upload your interaction to Articulate Online all at once.
- Enter Title and Description
- Enter Additional Project Info (Optional)
- Adjust the Player Settings and Interaction Properties
- Choose Your Reporting and Tracking Options
- Distribute Your Published Interaction
- Click Publish on the Engage ribbon.
- When the Publish window appears, select the Articulate Online tab on the left.
- Enter the Title the way you want it to appear in your published output. It defaults to the name of your project file. (Changing the title won't affect the name of your project file.)
- Use the Description field to give learners a synopsis of your interaction. The description will appear in the Articulate Online user portal.
Click the ellipsis button (...) next to the Title field to define additional project information. Currently, this information is for your reference only. It won’t be visible in your published output.
- The Title and Description fields are the same as those on the Publish window (see the previous step).
- The image below the Title field will be the interaction thumbnail. By default, Engage uses an image representing the type of interaction you’re building, but you can choose a different image. Just click the hyperlinked text below the image, click Picture from File, and choose an image on your hard drive.
- Enter values for Author, Email, Website, Duration, Date, Version, and Keywords if you'd like.
- The Identifier applies only to content published for LMS.
When you're finished customizing the project information, click OK to return to the Publish window.
Use the Properties section of the Publish window to make last-minute changes to your player, quality settings, theme colors, and playback mode.
This property shows the name of the player currently assigned to your project. (The player is the interface learners see around the perimeter of your interaction.)
To make adjustments to your player, click the player name to open the player editor.
This property controls the compression settings for audio clips, videos, and JPG images in your interaction.
The quality settings default to whatever you used the last time you published an interaction. To change them, click the quality property and make your adjustments.
This property shows the name of the theme currently applied to your project.
To switch to a different theme, click the current theme and choose another one.
This property controls how learners navigate through your interaction.
To change the playback mode, click the current mode and choose a different option.
Click the Tracking property to open the following window, where you can choose how Articulate Online tracks and reports learners' progress.
- Use the Report status to AO as drop-down to choose the wording that Articulate Online should display for learners' statuses in reports.
- Use the Communicate resume data drop-down to choose how Articulate Online handles resume data if you've enabled the resume feature in your player. Choose either of the following:
- On Course Complete: This communicates resume data when the learner closes his browser window or when he reaches the completion threshold that you set in step #3 below.
- After Every Slide: This sends resume data when the learner advances to each step in the interaction. An added benefit of this method is that learners who experience an internet disruption will still be able to pick up where they left off without losing their progress. Keep in mind that because this option results in frequent communication between learners and Articulate Online, it increases network traffic, which can be significant if you roll out your interaction to many learners at the same time.
- Use the Minimum number of items viewed to complete drop-down to choose the number of steps learners must view to register completion in Articulate Online.
- Click OK to save your changes.
To complete the process, enter your Articulate Online credentials (account URL, email address, and password) and click the Publish button.
Your interaction publishes and uploads to Articulate Online all at once. How fast this happens depends on the size of your interaction and your internet speed.
When the Publish Successful window appears, click Manage Content to open Articulate Online and manage the interaction you just uploaded.
If a firewall blocks you from publishing directly to Articulate Online, you can publish your interaction on your local computer and then manually upload it to Articulate Online. See this user guide for details.
Articulate Online has a maximum size limit of 500 MB per project. If you think you might be approaching that limit but aren't sure, here's how to check: publish the interaction on your local computer (see the link above) and then check the file size of the Engage package that's generated.