To add training to your account library, it must be published. Once it's live, you can enroll learners and groups or learners can discover it for themselves. Keep reading to see how to get training into the hands of your learners.
On the Courses section of the Manage tab, newly submitted content is listed at the top of the training list with an Unpublished button. Unpublished items are always listed before content with submitted changes.
Note: Reach 360 content creators can select an admin to notify by email when submitting Rise 360 training. Storyline 360 training submissions automatically send a notification email to all admins.
Click the item in the list and click the Publish Course button. The author may have modified these values already, but you can change them here before publishing.
- Above the title, click Preview Course to open the submitted training in a new tab. This doesn't count as an active learner event.
- For Rise 360 courses, set training completion parameters. Learners can complete the training by viewing a specified percentage, passing a selected quiz lesson in the training, or both. You can also choose to publish the training without a completion requirement.
Note: If the author lowers the passing score of a quiz after the training is published, learners will have to take the quiz again in the republished training to gain the benefit of the lowered score, even if their prior score would be a success with the new parameters.
- The training duration value is how long it takes the average learner to complete the training. The default value is 30 minutes and can be overwritten.
Select the Completion Celebration option to display an animated celebration for learners when they meet the completion parameters. You can also provide learners with a downloadable completion certificate.
Note: If a user takes training as part of a learning path that has a completion certificate, they'll only be able to download one certificate for that learning path, not the individual certificates of its composite items.
- Set how long a learner has to complete the training after they've enrolled. You can set a specific date, no due date, or a custom timeframe of your choosing. When selecting an interval of a set number of days, the time period begins when the learner is enrolled in the training.
- If you’d like learners to be able to find this training in your account library, set Library Visibility to On. If set to Off, only those learners enrolled in the training will be able to take it. Also, we recommended turning off library visibility if the training is part of a learning path. Once library visibility is enabled, you can select the library where users can find it.
- Click the Choose Topic button, then select as many topics as apply from the pop-up menu. Use the search bar to filter the topic list. Click the X once you’re finished. Remove an already-added topic by clicking its X icon.
- Click Publish to complete the publishing process and return to the training details.
When an author submits changes to training, it moves to the top of the training list under any unpublished training and displays a New Changes button.
- Click the training to access the training details.
- Click the Publish Updates button to open the Publish Course window.
- Review the publish settings as detailed in the previous section, making any changes as necessary.
Note: When you republish an existing training where each lesson has been updated, the manually modified training duration value will be overwritten.
- Click Publish.
Learners aren't notified when training is updated, you'll have to let them know there are changes. They'll see your updated content if they're currently taking or retake the training. If they've already completed the previous version of the training, their progress isn't reset.
Pro Tip: Want to remove access to training, make it invisible to learners, or remove it from your library entirely? Click here for more information.