In this user guide, you'll learn how to enhance your Storyline 360 courses with videos from files, websites, and webcams. (To add videos from Content Library 360, see this user guide.)
Note: Videos will be automatically synchronized with the slide and controlled by the timeline.
Here’s how to insert a video from a file:
- Do either of the following:
- Browse to the video you want to use and click Open.
MP4 videos are natively supported in Storyline 360. The following file formats get converted to MP4 in Storyline 360:
Tip: If your video placeholder is hard to see (it could be a white, black, or transparent rectangle in Storyline), right-click it and choose Set Poster Frame. Then browse for an image to use as the video placeholder.
Note: Website videos play independently of the slide and aren’t controlled by the timeline.
- In Slide View, go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Video from Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website and paste it into the Insert Video from Website box.
- Click Insert.
Pro Tip: You can also record webcam videos in the media library using the same recording process described below. Just skip the first step.
You can record videos with your webcam. Here’s how:
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and select Record Webcam.
- Before you begin recording, click Show device settings to choose the webcam/microphone you want to use (if you have more than one) and set the video size.
- Click the red Record button to begin recording.
- When you've finished recording, click the Stop button.
- If you'd like to preview your recording before inserting it into your project, click the Play button.
- To redo your recording, click the X to delete the current recording, then click the Record button to start over.
- When you're ready to insert the recording into your project, click OK.