Use 360° images to create immersive learning experiences. We’ve collected the most frequently asked questions about the feature below.

Are 360° interactions accessible?

As of October 2021, 360° interactions are accessible. You can add alt text to images or videos in marker or hotspot labels, and learners can navigate 360° interactions with a keyboard and use a screen reader for narration. Learn more about accessibility for 360° images.

And we’d love to hear your feedback about the accessibility experience!

Can text in 360° interactions be translated into other languages?

Yes. As of October 2021, Storyline 360 includes text in 360° interactions alongside the rest of your course when you export text to XLIFF or use enhanced Word translation. (Learn more about translating courses.)

Note: Currently, 360° images don’t support right-to-left languages.

Are 360° images available in Content Library 360?

​​Content Library 360 doesn’t support 360° images. If you need panoramic images, visit this article to learn where to find them and how to create your own.

How do slide objects outside of 360° images work with 360° images?

Slide objects placed over a 360° image stay in the same position as you navigate the interaction, as shown below. Use a third-party panorama editor like Photoshop to edit your 360° image before importing it into Storyline 360.

Sample published output.

Are 360° videos supported?

No, but you can always share your interest in 360° video support by submitting a feature request.

Are 3D models supported? 

No, but you can embed the 3D model as a web object.

Is virtual reality (VR) supported?

No, but you can always share your interest in VR support by submitting a feature request.

Are panoramas taken with an Apple device supported?

An Apple device’s camera with panoramic mode enabled captures 240° cylindrical panoramas. You can insert such images into Storyline 360, but they won’t render correctly. For the best results, use 360° equirectangular panoramas with a 2:1 aspect ratio.

How many 360° images can I have in a project?

There’s no limit to the number of 360° images you can add to a project.

Can I customize the interactive elements?

Yes, there are various customization options for markers and hotspots. Visit these user guides for details: 

Can I edit the built-in states for markers?

The built-in states for markers in 360° interactions are not customizable. We’d love to hear your feedback! Share the type of states you need by submitting a feature request.

How do I disable the Next button until all markers are clicked?

David Anderson covers several ways to make sure learners view all 360° image markers before clicking the Next button in this video tutorial.

Can I add a trigger to adjust the view of my 360° image?

There isn’t a specific trigger that will change the view of your interaction. For a list of available actions, see the screenshot below. You can, however, add the same 360° image to a new slide or layer with a different initial view, then add a trigger to jump to that slide or layer.

View of the trigger wizard.

Visit this user guide to learn about adding triggers to markers and hotspots.

Is there a list of enhancements for 360° images?

Yes, check out the list below to learn about each enhancement for 360° images and when they shipped.

Coming Soon

Tooltips: Display tooltips when learners hover over markers and hotspots in 360° interactions so learners know what to expect before they click.

Buttons: Add buttons to marker and hotspot labels in 360° images so learners can trigger specific actions, such as launching a website or downloading a document.

Progress-Tracking Exclusions: Exclude specific markers and hotspots from progress tracking in 360° images to capture more accurate results.

Completion State: Display a completion state to inform learners when they’ve clicked all the markers and hotspots in a 360° interaction.

October 2021

Accessibility: Empower all learners to have the same engaging experience with built-in accessibility features for 360° images. Learn more. Stay tuned for more accessibility updates!

Translation: Localize 360° interactions alongside the rest of your course when you export text to XLIFF or use enhanced Word translation.

September 2021

Alt Text: Add alt text to images and videos to make them accessible to screen reader users. Learn more.

August 2021

Hotspot Hints: Help learners navigate 360° images by providing instructions on where to find hotspots in guided-tour interactions. Learn more.

To learn which 360° images enhancements we’re working on next, visit the Articulate 360 Feature Roadmap.

What if my question isn’t on this list?

We love questions! Just open a support case, and we’ll get right back to you with an answer.