Ask a group of course designers how to make e-learning more engaging, and you'll get plenty of suggestions for using images, videos, and animations more effectively. The visuals and interactive elements are good places to start.
But when you want to establish an atmosphere or sense of location that immerses your learners in the topic, you'll need to layer in some ambient music. And that's what this week's challenge is all about!
🏆 Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share an example that shows how background audio and music can be used in e-learning.
- Storyline 360: Background Audio
- Storyline 360: Controlling Background Audio With Triggers
- Background audio is now supported in published video output
✨ Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
- Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.
🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you jam out to this week’s challenge, check out the creative ways your fellow challengers personalize e-learning:
👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.