Using Interactive Dials and Knobs in E-Learning 2018 #210
Using Interactive Dials in E-Learning #210: Challenge | Recap
Interactive dials are a great way to simulate real-world objects and tasks in your e-learning courses.
Dials are similar to sliders, but where sliders move along a straight path, dials move in an arc or a circular path. Dials also use less space than sliders, so learners can quickly scroll through large amounts of data.
Dials and knobs can be used to:
- Explore cause-and-effect relationships
- Scroll through a lot data quickly
- Navigate menu items or options
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share a new slider interaction. If you’re brand new to Storyline, try reworking one of the dial templates in the downloads section.
New Entries Only!
For this week’s challenge, we’re asking you only share new examples. You're welcome to rework an earlier example you’ve shared or come up with something entirely different.
Articles and Tutorials
Examples and Downloads
- 4 Dial Downloads to Help You Turn Up Your E-Learning
- 30+ Creative Ways to Use Interactive Dials in E-Learning #151
- 3 Dial Interactions That Show You What’s Possible
- Turn Up the Interactivity with These 6 Dial Demos
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you dial into this week’s challenge, try your luck at the e-learning jeopardy games your fellow community members shared in last week’s challenge:
Jeopardy Games in E-Learning #209: Challenge | Recap
Wishing you a great week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.
Hi fellow SL users! This is my first attempt at one of David's challenges (albeit an old challenge) and the first time using a custom dial (or dial of any sort for matter ;)) Anyway, I'm working moving a Forklift training from an ILT to an eLearning overview (They'll get OJT in their areas). So, I thought it would be beneficial for them to see how a car vs a forklift turns. As you turn each of the dials, the respective wheels on the chassis will turn accordingly. Therefore, I downloaded custom assets from Envato and used them as my custom dials. That said, below is the link to my published example. I know it needs work. If anyone has any idea how to restart the audio which starts with "Did you notice how..." I'm totally open to suggestions. I hope you enjoy! https://360.articulat... Expand