When you’re developing e-learning courses, it’s a good practice to show learners their progress. The built-in course menu in Storyline 360 and course sidebar in Rise 360 are great solutions that automatically help learners know where they are in the course.
A more advanced approach is to create your own progress bars using custom variables and graphics. We have some amazing examples (and downloads) in this e-learning challenge.
Another approach is to add slide numbers to display learner progress. While we don’t see a lot of slide numbers used in custom projects or even the weekly challenge demos, slide numbers are frequently used in compliance and internal training courses. And with Storyline 360’s slide number variable, it’s never been easier to add, exclude, and customize slide numbers in your courses.
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share one or more ways pagination can be used in e-learning. You can use Storyline’s slide number variable or go with your own custom solution.
- Storyline 360: Adding Slide Numbers
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you slide into this week’s challenge, check out the compliance makeover examples your fellow challengers shared over the past week:
Wishing you a great week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.