2021 Wishlist

Mar 18, 2021

I am spending the majority of my working days inside of Storyline 360 and have done so for 3 years. Here's a wishlist for your developers! Also, kudos to you all for creating this magical product - the attention to detail and the things you can do still blows my mind.

• Enable pictures to not be compressed.
  • Option to set video and audio and picture compression to None as standard.
  • Change all videos and audio files in storyline file to compression non/automatic with a single click.
  • Solve the States lag.
  • Change slide properties of multiple slides/layers at the same time (copy/paste slide layer properties).
  • More options for animations, eg. keyframe movement with easing options.
    Multiple objects on same timeline Layer, as long as they are not overlapping time-wise (especially audio! - So many layers sometimes)
  • Solve issues where objects aren't aligned in published projects, but they are inside the work area (ie. both objects square shapes have Y coordinate 100, but aren't at same Y coordinate/height after export - this may be due to windows UI scaling).
  • Make your own default shapes/buttons - so you can blanket change your own custom button design through entire storyline project.
  • Being able to have both a shape/picture/other element copied (ctrl+c) without deleting the text you have also copied (ctrl+c). Ctrl+v will paste the correct content depending on where your cursor is/have selected (like wix.com).
  • Allow for pictures to have any size without storyline forcing it smaller (this has been happening for at least 8 years - Devices are powerful enough to handle pictures over 2000x2000px)
  • Sometimes when you 'Replace' a video, the name doesn't change in the timeline.
  • Would be awsome to have timeline same length as the video on the timeline, even after a replace or after inserting a new video.
  • Do not scale Storyline Canvas (main visual area) with Windows scaling. It makes everything wonky and causes glitches with object placement, even in published files.
  • A way to have a master-slide always be on top, regardless of other layers being opened on regular slides (and a way to bypass this on individual layers/slides)
  • Make it possible to open Master Slide layers via a trigger from a regular slide.
  • Make shift+arrow key move an object 10px instead of 8px.
  • A trigger and player button to put the course in fullscreen mode (so I don't have to rely on janky javascript implementation).
  • Ability to have no player or border or anything whatsoever.
  • Copy/pasting a trigger, changing the trigger in new workflow without opening window and not deselecting it, then copying the same changed trigger, does not work. Instead it copies the original trigger that you copied. You have to deselect the trigger and then reselect it and THEN copy it for the new parameters to transfer over to the new paste.
  • Maybe some built-in method of generating PDF's that you design and that is filled out with text-variable information that users can type in throughout the course. Right now we use javascript and external generators.
3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Asbjørn,

For future reference, you are always welcome to share your feature requests directly with our team here.

Since you've already shared your items here, I've handled this list for you. I numbered your items for ease of discussion

1. Current feature request - attached this conversation to our report.
  2. Submitted on your behalf.
  3. Submitted on your behalf.
  4. "Solve the States Lag"
    Can you explain what you are experiencing and/or would like to see?
  5. Slides: You can adjust the slide properties of multiple slides from the Story View and using Shift + Select Slide to select multiple slides, then adjust properties.
    Layers: Submitted on your behalf.
  6. "More options for animations, eg. keyframe movement with easing options.

Multiple objects on same timeline Layer, as long as they are not overlapping time-wise (especially audio! - So many layers sometimes)"
    Can you explain what you are experiencing and/or would like to see?

7. "Solve issues where objects aren't aligned in published projects, but they are inside the work area (ie. both objects square shapes have Y coordinate 100, but aren't at same Y coordinate/height after export - this may be due to windows UI scaling)."
    This does sound like a scaling issue. Are you using Storyline in a DPI setting of more than 100%?
  8. Submitted on your behalf.
  9. "Being able to have both a shape/picture/other element copied (ctrl+c) without deleting the text you have also copied (ctrl+c). Ctrl+v will paste the correct content depending on where your cursor is/have selected (like wix.com)."
    I'm not familiar with this feature in wix.com. Are you asking for a copy/paste 'memory'? For text, you may find benefit from a tool like Flycut to store text to use for copy/paste.
  10. Max story size is currently 2,047 x 2,047 and we recommend using images that do not have to scale up or down.
  11. This is an issue we previously documented, but are no longer able to replicate in the latest version. If you're still experiencing this issue in Build 3.49.24347.0, please share a file with our support team here.
  12. "Would be awsome to have timeline same length as the video on the timeline, even after a replace or after inserting a new video."
    Are you asking for the timeline to auto-adjust when swapping content?
  13. Some fellow community members shared a solution for turning off scaling.
  14. Current feature request to pin/lock items and I've attached this conversation.
  15. "Make it possible to open Master Slide layers via a trigger from a regular slide."
    Could you elaborate on this? I'm not understanding what you are asking.
  16. You can set your grid adjustment to 10px if you'd like.
  17. "A trigger and player button to put the course in fullscreen mode (so I don't have to rely on janky javascript implementation)."
    We do not have a fullscreen mode, so I'm not understanding the issue you are experiencing here.
  18. You can set up a chromeless player for your course.
  19. "Copy/pasting a trigger, changing the trigger in new workflow without opening window and not deselecting it, then copying the same changed trigger, does not work. Instead it copies the original trigger that you copied. You have to deselect the trigger and then reselect it and THEN copy it for the new parameters to transfer over to the new paste."

Any chance you could record a Peek 360 on this? I'm not clear on what you are experiencing here.

20. Submitted on your behalf.
Kelly Auner

Hi Asbjørn,

I have some great news to share!

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output. This will result in crisper images.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!