Forum Discussion

AsbjornReinhold
Community Member
2 years ago

2023 Wishlist from a Fulltime professional

Hiya,

I've been working with Articulate Storyline for 5 years full time at companies with 50.000+ employees. Here's my wishlist for 2023 and going forward, ranging from conveniences, added features and bug fixes.

Thank you for a super powerful tool for creating e-learning courses!

1. Have a masterslide that doesn't reload, so we can for example put looping background music on it.
  2. Being able to offset subtitles/captions on the y-axis to take navigation bars located at the bottom of the slides into account.
  3. Ability to set defaults: For example the 'dim' feature on states causes everything to lag. Let us set it to 'off' by default. Also, setting a default Font or default Fill color for shapes. Default shapes with no Outline. Setting 'Compression' to 'None' instead of 'Automatic' as default on audio and video files.
  4. Select multiple of same media type to bulk edit the 'Options' tab options.
  5. A toggle so users can't click your video to pause it (this de-couples video playback from player playback)
    so we don't have to drag shapes with 0% transparancy on top of videos to preven this.
  6. Handle larger image files.
  7. Don't force image compression (we can turn it off for audio and video these days, let us do the same for pictures.)
  8. 4K sized stage.
  9. Panorama video.
  10. Simple Keyframe animation instead of the Motion path stuff.
  11. 64bit application so workloads can be multithreaded.
  12. When using the 'Replace' feature on a video, the 'Compression' dropdown menu is greyed out and set to 'Automatic', and we can't change it back to 'None'. When using 'Replace' from the Media Library, this doesn't happen.
  13. Allow us to set transparency for text.
  14. When adding multiple Audio files to a slide at the same time, the first audio type added gets the largest number. For example, if I add 3 audio files by selecting 3 in the Explorer window: The first one added is called Audio 3, the secoond one added is called Audio 2, the third one added is called Audio 1.
  15. Allow us to add Pictures/Patterns as Gradient 'Stops' for shapes and not just Solids with a transparency.
  16. Add easing options and more control over "time to zoom" on Zoom regions.
  17. Let us erase entire words by using CTRL+Backspace instead of having that combination function as Spacebar.
  18. Move objects 10 pixels instead of 8 when holding down CTRL and using the Arrow keys.
  19. Set 'Slide Layer' defaults.
  20. Ability to delete Conditions directly from the Trigger window without having to open the Trigger Wizard.
  21. Some way to perform Bulk Actions - when you have to change one checkmark or add one trigger to multiple layers/slide/options panels etc.
  22. A Player option to show the timeline time in minutes and seconds, for example: 5:12
  23. A built in Variable that references the Scene name. Like %Menu.SlideTitle% we need a %Menu.SceneTitle%
  24. When selecting colors it's pretty much impossible to select White and other corner colors.
  25. When you press CTRL+BACKSPACE to delete an entire word, a space is added instead.
  26. The Invalid Answer graphics needs to be customizable asap. It’s looked the same for at least 10 years and it has never been possible to customize the looks of it without custom coding the Submit button. Add it to the Feedback Master slide.
  27. Can we have an option for the Modern Player to not stretch the Controls, Course name, buttons and more to the entire browser window when the main course window is restricted depending on the vertical height.
  28. Can we design how a Lightbox behaves? For example if we click the Semitransparent black background, can we make that close down the Lightbox. Can we change the Style of the ‘Close’ Icon. It’s a bit outdated and doesn’t fit the modern player.
  29. Shouldn't Feedback Master be called Layer Master instead, since all Layers - even those whom are not on a Task slide - has a Feedback Master attached to them.
  30. When you select Dots as Shape Outline, you can’t click through a No Fill shape – But you can if you have the regular Outline. Please let us click through all types if Shapes, regardless of outline type.
  31. Allow us to assign the Metadata when uploading to review360, like you can when uploading to Web.

Thank you for listening.

• Hi Asbjorn,

WOW! Thank you for the thorough list of improvements you'd like to see in 2023! I appreciate your passion for e-learning! I will share this with our development team.

In the meantime, you can always send a feature request for something you'd like to see added to Storyline 360. You can submit one here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

• Hi Asbjorn,

I wanted to follow up on your wishlist and give you a general idea of where your requests stand. After going through your list, many of the features you would like to see added have already been requested by other community members. Also, the bugs you experienced have been reported as such. I’ve linked this discussion to all of the related feature requests and bug reports so that we can continue updating you in this discussion on the progress of your requests. 

Before sharing this list with my team, would you be able to pick three items that are the highest priority? 

Once again, thanks for your input!

• Hello everyone!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 75 (Build 3.75.30269.0) which includes a fix for the bug where the compression field gets disabled when replacing a video.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case. 

• Hi Asbjorn!

I'm happy to share that today we just shipped 64-bit Storyline 360!

To use 64-bit Storyline 360, make sure to update your Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the Install button next to the Storyline 360 app with the 64-bit and beta labels. The Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

Since this version is in beta, we'd love for you to test it out and share your feedback and experience with us by replying to this discussion.

• Hi Asbjorn,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 86, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we’ve included: 

• Position captions at the top or bottom of the slide to ensure closed caption visibility and prevent the obstruction of critical course content.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.