360 still image manipulation

Feb 13, 2019

I would like to be able to create an interaction where the viewer can manipulate a 360 still image (ie one shot with a Ricoh Theta camera) and find a specific object in the scene and then, with a hot spot, click on it.

I know it can be done with Adobe Captivate, but I like Storyline better. It's much more user friendly to developers.

I've attached the original 360 image, as well as a mp4 that I screen grabbed with Camtasia of that same image  imported into Captivate.

If anyone has a workaround to working with 360 images please reach out.

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hey, Bill. Excited to have you in the community!

While there isn't a function for 360 photo and videos in Storyline at this time, we do realize it's a popular feature request. I'm going to add your thoughts to this feature's report so we can let you know if it makes the list! 

In the meantime, here are a few examples designed by a community member (like you!) that might help get those creative juices flowing. Let us know what you think!

If there's anything else I can answer, I'll be here! 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Bill!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 54, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we’ve included is:

Create immersive learning experiences with 360° images. Add interactive elements, such as hotspots and markers to engage learners as they explore.

360° images are currently in public beta for Storyline 360, which means you can use them for production as we continue to enhance them.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or directly reaching out to our Support Engineers