360 video/virtual reality/augmented reality

Jan 10, 2019

Morning all

I'm wanting to use interactive 360 videos in my courses. I've been looking at various ways to do this and noticed that Adobe Captivate 2019 has added a really cool feature called 'Virtual Reality Project'. This gives the designer the ability to add various interactions 'on top' of the 360 video. This can range from popup text/image to quizzes. I'd much prefer to use Articulate and am hoping that there is someway of creating this type of interactivity within Articulate. If it's not possible, when do you think this feature will be added? It would add such value!

It's something my clients are asking for and I know it adds another dimension to embedding the learning for their learners. It's also great fun.

Cheers
Jen

74 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all, 

We're working on the ability to add 360 degree media assets to your courses, and include various interactive elements to those assets. We're confident this feature will be in your hands by the end of the year.

Those are all the details I have, but we'll share more updates here as we have them!

Matteo Prete
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi all, 

We're working on the ability to add 360 degree media assets to your courses, and include various interactive elements to those assets. We're confident this feature will be in your hands by the end of the year.

Those are all the details I have, but we'll share more updates here as we have them!

Great news!

Concetta Phillipps

Add me to the list of requestors that hope there is movement on getting VR/AR added to the Storyline roadmap, or if necessary, a new product in the Articulate 360 wheelhouse. 360 tours/pictures are just the beginning - folks are starting to ask for interactivity and features that Storyline has that could easily be used in VR/AR.

Chris Brooks
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi all, 

Is there an update on this? We have been asked by a client to quote for a project where this would be an important asset to include, so it would be good to know if it will be possible in Articulate or if we have to look elsewhere.

Vicki Kunkel

I keep checking back on this thread, hoping Articulate will get with the program and add VR and 360 capabilities. I've let my Storyline subscription lapse for the time being, solely because most of my clients are insisting on VR. And, as a heads-up if you really want to be ahead of the curve, I've had a half dozen clients request holographic solutions in addition to VR. I see this only accelerating with the COVID WFH and K-12 virtual learning. Kids, especially, need these advanced tech features to stay engaged.