Answer choice always goes to hover state in review mode
Aug 17, 2022
We're having an problem with a multiple choice question when the learner is finished with the course and reviewing their answers. For some reason in the first question, no matter what answer you choose, in review mode answer D is changing states to hover. We've gathered that it happens when the user hovers over the answer choice for a few seconds, it appears that if it's scrolled over quickly the issue doesn't appear. We've been able to recreate the issue with answer choice B but have seen most consistent issues with answer choice D.
This interaction uses the Storyline graded multiple choice template so there are not unnecessary triggers or layers built into the slide, it also leaves us with few options or ideas of things to try to fix the issue since most of the work is being done within the software. We have tried the following to no avail:
- rebuilding the question as a freeform pick one question
- taking off the fade in animation from the answer choices
- separating the introductory content of the slide from the question itself
- deleting the hover states of each answer choice and creating new ones
- duplicating the slide and deleting the original
- putting a blocker on answer choice D that is triggered to hide when the user hovers over the other answer choices (this worked but is very clunky and definitely not an ideal solution, we were also still able to cause the same behavior to happen to answer choice D when employing this idea)
Beyond this we are at a loss of what to try, we may attempt just building it again from scratch but are concerned that if we cannot get to the root of the issue it may just appear again in another question slide. It seems like there is something wrong within the code, but again, we cannot access that.
Has anyone dealt with an issue like this? And if so, have you come to a good solution?
The affected slide is 1.11 which is called "Assessment" in the attached file.