Articulate 360 Couldn't load issue

Jun 24, 2020

Hello everyone,

Most of the users are facing error like articulate 360 login issue. articulate 360 giving "Couldn't load, there was a problem connecting to Articulate 360. Please check your internet connection and try again." error. Due to this error, so many users are unable to login to their account.

I also faced this kind of issue. But, I resolved this by doing some RND. If you face this problem, please try the below solutions. Maybe it will helpful to you.

1. Download and install an updated articulate 360 app.
2. Reset your internet connection. Disconnect the internet and connect again.
3. If you are using a mobile network, restart your phone and connect again.

Above scenarios are helped me to resolve this issue. Please reply here if it is also worked for you. So that, many users will try this.

15 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Karthikprasad,

Thanks for contacting us and sharing that you're running into a similar issue. I see that you worked with our support team back in May, but we did not hear back from you. 

• Were you able to get up and running then?
  • What is the specific error that you're experiencing?
    • Are you able to log in via 360.articulate.com
    • Are you able to login to the Desktop Applications?
    • What error are you seeing?
Katie Riggio

Hi Anil,

Thanks for writing in!

Referencing Karthikprasad's scenario, our team recommended using a different network connection and checking the affected computer's Windows profile.

Since you already tried a different network, this is a great opportunity for our Engineers to step in! I opened a support case on your behalf, so an email should be in your inbox.

See you there!

Rob Brownfield

I am facing this issue today. 
The company I work for have remotely installed the software and at first I got a "Installing Articulate 360, please wait". The progress bar sat at 0 for 20 minutes or so.
I now get the "problem connecting to....." message.
I have an Articulate account, I can log onto Articulate.com, I can open Rise and Review from the dashboard, but when trying to open Storyline, I am told to log-in (already logged-in) and it takes me to the "Couldn't Load" screen.
I cannot download the Desktop App direct due to security policies for the company I work for, it has to be done remotely. 

David Richmond

Having same problem still in 2023 happens frequently -- EXTREMELY frustrating to pay this much for software that you can't use because of this cloud nonsense.

I get not being able to update but not being able to run the software at all?? Thats BS, you guys should take a note from adobe CC they do this desktop phone home stuff but it actually works, and they wont block you from using Photoshop because you are on a plane or make you go through a support case in which some Level 1 tech in another country is going to first patronize you by telling you to check your firewall or "reset your internet."  I can clearly log into the website, but whatever cross cookie / session data you are looking for isn't making it over from the browser, and thats the core issue.  I fully expect this to take 48+ hours to resolve and I just want to use the damn software I paid a TON of money for.  I can obviously log into articulate.com but your desktop app auth token (however that works) is the problem.

As Director of IT for a large company and an articulate user for over 10 years, this cloud migration and sunsetting of storyline 3 has really started to turn me off to articulate as a company.

-Community update

I got an email from support telling me to try another network, uninstall reinstall, run a cleaner .bat file, and of course I did all that and still no go, it has me starting to wonder if I get credits for when I am unable to use cloud based software due to errors connecting to your system.  I mean that seems fair right?  I just can't rely on storyline 360 I dont get to work when i want to, I get to work whenever I'm lucky enough to not have this problem which this is now the 2nd time since May (its June)  My valuable feedback is that the adobe has you connect 1/month for their suite but its all transparent in the background i dont have to login to adobe.com -- you guys should adopt their seamless solutions.

-Community update II 48 hours in
if you are loading the desktop app for 360 press F12 to get the diagnostics screen then you can export logs and view auth status.  Funny enough it says im authenticated, but still cant run articulate, submitted logs to a tech who was very offended by the word BS, and told me not to be mean, sigh....

-Community update III 48 hours in.

Delete APICACHE folder
check date/time accuracy
dont use VPN
reset your password to the website and try again (they aren't sure why that worked once before)
however none of these worked for me.

-Community update IV 48 hours in.
After a call with Ashley and Gerald from support here is what finally solved my issue:
Go to default apps, and chose Google Chrome for default browser
Clear Cache - all time
Delete apicache folder under local app data
ran 360 and the sign in worked.  I was using firefox but they told me it was an apicache corruption error and the fix was just changing browsers however i had already cleared cache and deleted apicache already previously

Hope this helps some poor slob just trying to use the software they paid for, now Ill be starting on my project 2 days after my deadline :(

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, David for sharing that update here. I'm glad working with our Support team through the various troubleshooting steps resulted in a resolution to get you logged back into Articulate 360's Desktop app. Changing that default browser for the authentication redirect isn't the most common solution, but it's one we've found works! I appreciate you also sharing more details and logs with our Support team so we can further investigate this with Engineering. 

I've linked this discussion to the open issue we have so we'll be able to share any updates and additional info here once available

Steven Benassi

Hi Sharon!

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble logging into the Articulate 360 desktop apps. I'd be happy to help!

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've implemented so far. In addition to changing the default browser, I would suggest clearing the cache as well. Also, this article outlines some of the common reasons a user may be unable to log into Articulate 360 desktop apps.

If still unsuccessful please reach out to our support engineers through a support case and they would be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!