Articulate 360 Desktop App not launching

Oct 16, 2017

Hello,

Articulate 360 desktop (Windows 7) is no longer launching. No error message - it just doesn't launch.

Try opening Articulate 360 with task manager open and I see "Articulate 360 Desktop App.exe* 32" process runs for about a second and then dies again.

Uninstalled, reinstalled desktop app.  No help. Thoughts?

18 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Karine and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

It looks like Greg was able to reach resolution and it was a particular issue on his machine. 

That being said, I'd recommend that you work directly with support to diagnose what may be happening on your system as system logs may indicate something different.

You can reach out here with the details of your error.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you're running into an issue with accessing your Storyline software.

First, can I have you close the Articulate 360 desktop app (click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. There, right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).

Here's a quick video

After that, please restart the machine and then try signing in again.

In addition, this article describes the reasons why signing in could fail and how to solve them. 

Let me know if you see any improvements from there!

Ken Parks

I am having this issue as well. It is not the first time. It seems occasionally Articulate signs me out. Then when I try to sign in, the Articulate app will not open. Then sometime magically it opens some other time. But this time it seems like it is not opening at all. I did all of the work arounds posted in this discussion but cannot get it to open and it is hindering me from opening any other Articulate program.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Ken,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that you are having a similar issue.

You mention that you did some items in this discussion, but I'd like to confirm that you followed these steps:

1. Close the Articulate 360 desktop app (click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. There, right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).
    Here's a quick video
  2. Restart the machine and then try signing in again.

In addition, this article describes the reasons why signing in could fail and how to solve them. 

Are you able to sign in successfully online to 360.articulate.com?