Articulate storyline 360 sign in error ( recurring)

Aug 12, 2019

Hi team,

I am facing a multiple sign in error in middle of using articulate storyline  and sometime my password is also not accepted while re-signin.

It asks for sign-in any time, sometimes more than 5 times in a day. Seems its log back and throws a message of "You need a subscription to articulate 360 to sign in." 

At our end, i have also re-installed the software, but this option didn't work out.

Need help as this is frustrating. Thank you!

86 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi VIkas,

Welcome, and an excellent choice to also open a support case!

I see that you and your team are working closely with Phil to figure out the cause of the error. We also have these tips for sign-in issues with the desktop app:

Let us know if you have any questions about his latest email!

Radha Agarwadekar

Hi, My support team has resolved this issue, they said-

when i was trying this application on various pages its trying authentication on proxy and it was giving me the error. so they bypassed authentication on proxy.

Sounds technical, but it helps me to get it resolved. Hope this help others !

Amy Hamman

Hi everyone, 

I am having a different kind of error. In my Rise tutorial (published web content) I have a link that refers back to a specific part in the tutorial. When non-Articulate seat holders click the link, it asks them for a sign-in. Any idea what could be causing the problem and how to work around it? Thanks!!!

Clare Stevens

Hi Leslie

Last Thursday my program was working without a problem then on Friday and today the 'not signed in' error message keeps on appearing. When I select the sign-in option (even though already signed in) I receive the 'open failure' message. I am unable to access my Storyline project. Please advise what needs to be done as unable to complete my work without access.
Thanks
Clare

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Clare,

Thanks for contacting us to share what you are running into with your software. 

I see where you're currently working with Philam on the issues accessing the project, which he was unable to duplicate. 

I've shared the additional details you've shared here with him so you can continue digging in.

Shawn Dinnocenti

Hello.  I am having the same issue.  I've been using Storyline for months and even on this past Saturday.  Today (Monday) it does not want to let me in.  Says I need to Sign In and when I try, it gives me an Open Failure message, then shuts down.  I've rebooted my system 3 times and cleared my cache and still can't get in.  If I use the web version, it tells me I have to install the software and when I hit that button, it says it is already installed.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Jacob Stone

Hello all! Here's my solution for issues with logging in to Articulate in Parallels if this helps:

• Make sure ALL sharing between windows and mac are off
  • Allocate at least 16GB of RAM in Parallels for Windows
  • I switched from Apple Hypervisor back to Parallels Hypervisor, but then a coworker said that Apple Hypervisor runs smoother so I switched back and don't have any issues.

I was able to log in and continue working.

Dakota Brown

I had my administrator uninstall and reinstall and it fixed it!
Thanks

Dakota L. Brown, PSS (Pronouns: She, Them)
MHSA Tech Innovation, Desert
Desk 760-770-2227 | Cell 951-470-8125
47-825 Oasis St, Indio, CA 92201
Mail Stop: 4038
DaBrown@ruhealth.org
#deaffriendly

[cid:image001.png@01D4DD92.A1687C10]

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT -- See California Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5328. This email message, including attachments, is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute this email or information contained in the email. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply mail, delete this message and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

RUHS Confidentiality Disclaimer

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged, covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. ? 2510-2522. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any retention, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, copying or further use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nora, 

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that you're having difficulty signing in.

First, can I have you close the Articulate 360 desktop app (click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. There, right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).

Here's a quick video

After that, please restart the machine and then try signing in again.

In addition, this article describes the reasons why signing in could fail and how to solve them. 

Let me know if you see any improvements from there!