Audio cutting out. SL360 publish, on LMS

May 25, 2023

Hi,

We are having an issue where a client, reviewing a module we created, is constantly getting an audio issue where the audio cuts out on most slides after 2/3 seconds. Its a bit random, but happens on the majority of slides. It often seems to come back on revisiting the same slide again.

Thing is, none of my team accessing the same course, on the same LMS, using the same login details can replicate it. We hear all the audio.

The client has also said that not only does it happen to all of them at work, but also at home.

If it makes any difference, the audio is currently SL created text-to-speach.

We have used our LMS for hundreds of SL modules over the years, so I dont thinkk it can be at fault here?

7 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi, Mark!

I'm so sorry to hear that your client is experiencing this issue with the course. Since your team isn't running into this issue, I'm inclined to think it's not file-related, but testing it in SCORM Cloud will help determine if the LMS or project may have something to do with it. 

If the course plays as expected, then you'll know the issue isn't on the Storyline side. If you're comfortable sharing the file, I'd be happy to test it out on my end. You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

Mark Matheson

Thanks Kelly, I tend to agree it does sound like its not the file that is causing the issues. We are continuing to troubleshoot, and it may be to do with the clients work VPN, but that is unconfirmed at this point.

I just found it odd that whilst most VO was cutting out after a few seconds, some slides played with no issue, and with no obvious reason why.

Eric Santos

Hello Nancy,

I'm sorry for the trouble with your client experiencing a lag in the Storyline course. Great idea to open a case with a copy of your project file! I see you've connected with my teammate, Georvy, and he suggested changing the publish quality of your Storyline project to Static. He also indicated that your client may have a slow internet connection, resulting in latency.

Let's continue the conversation in your support case to keep all the information in one place, but I'm happy to assist further as needed!