130 Replies
Brandon Andrews

I keep receiving the "Failed to import" message. I have tried everything within the recommended actions on your FAQ. Repaired, uninstalled/reinstalled both PPT and Storyline. Using 2019 64bit PPT; locally installed. Files locally saved as well. File starts at Slide 1. Permissions match. Any suggestions?

Oscar Larrea Marion

Hi Maria,

I'm trying to import a powerpoint created in Mac and saved locally in a windows computer but during the import process, I get a log list of failures and the imported story has only 10 slides out of the 50 from the original file. DO you have any tips to help me out?

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Oscar, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for sharing your Powerpoint file! 

It looks like there is some corruption on the textbox of Slide 10, so I deleted it before importing the project, and all 59 slides came through. I copied the text from the PowerPoint file and pasted it into Slide 10. 

I am attaching the .story file here. Let me know if this works!

Alan Dickson

I've solved it, for me. I use Camtasia as well (as I am sure a lot of you do). The Camtasia add-in for PowerPoint was causing Storyline to not import the Storyline file.

In PowerPoint you need to disable the Camtasia add-in.

Open a PowerPoint > File > Options > Find the add-in and either remove it or untick it.

It then worked perfectly after.