Can you import a RISE 360 course into Storyline 360?

Dec 17, 2021

There are a lot of discussions about moving at storyline 360 slide into Rise 360, but I'm not seeing anything about this way.

I have a flashcard course I made in Rise that I wanted to bring into storyline.

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, David.

Thank you for reaching out!

You can import Rise 360 courses into Storyline 360 as web objects. You can read more about it in the FAQ, but here's the answer to your question:

Can Rise 360 courses be imported into Storyline 360?
First, export your Rise 360 course as a web package and extract the zip file on your local computer. Then, add the extracted folder (that contains the Rise 360 index.html file) to your Storyline 360 project as a web object. See this user guide to learn more about web objects:
Storyline 360: Adding Web Objects
John Morgan

Hi Jahon,

Great questions! I understand you would like to know if adding a Rise course as a web object is still a feature in Storyline 360, if the inserted object will need a password, and if web objects perform correctly in an LMS. I would be happy to get you some information on these questions!

First, adding a web object is still a feature in Storyline 360 and is a powerful way to embed web-based resources into your Storyline 360 courses. Here are some resources for Adding Web Objects and Editing Web Objects.

Next, if the web object is saved to your local drive a password will not be necessary to access the Rise content. If your web content is located on the internet or an intranet, learners will need the proper security permissions to access it. Here is some more information about that.

For your last question, can you give me a little more information on what you mean by "correctly"? If you mean will the web object be viewable in a course hosted on an LMS the answer is yes.

Thanks for reaching out!