Feedback Master

May 29, 2019

I go into the Feedback Master and customize my CORRECT and INCORRECT responses.  I change the colors, the fonts, and other items.  Everything works fine when I select the Layout, however, the colors I have chosen for my boxes change!  I use a mellow blue, and it changes to orange.  I select a different blue, and it turns to red.  How do I fix this issue???

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wade,

That sounds quite odd! With your permission, we can take a look at the .story file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to our Support Team privately. We'll delete it when done troubleshooting. 

Let me know if there is anything else particular about how you're setting this up and the steps you take! 

Wade Crabtree

Ashley,

Sorry, I have been very busy. In order to send the document to you, I'm
going to have to remove many of the slides. I won't get around to it until
Monday of next week. I do need to try and solve the issue, as I have a
deadline for that Storyline document.

wade.

Graciella Daminato

There hasn't been an update on this in 2 years so I'd like to revive the thread. I'm having  a similar problem with feedback masters. I have selected 'Modern' as the master, but the feedback actually appears in Journey 2. 

I have tried to modify the Journey 2 design by removing the fill and changing the font colour to black. The feedback text still displays as faint yellow text which is barely visible against a white background. 

I hope you don't mind if I attach the file before being asked to upload it.

Becca Levan

Hello Graciella, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ⭐️

I appreciate you including your file! I was able to change the feedback text to black, and I've attached my revised file. Take a look and let me know how it looks on your end! Here's a Peek recording of what I did.

Graciella Daminato

Hi Becca:

Thank you very much for the video. Would you believe that, 20 minutes after I posted my message to you, I 'stumbled' across the layers for Correct, Incorrect and Try again feedback. (Yes, I'm very new to storyline.)

So, a follow-up question: I expected that changing the text colour in the feedback master would be enough. Is there a reason why it's necessary to change the text colour in the feedback layers? I was working with a file a co-worker had developed and I'm not sure if she edited the font attributes for the feedback layers. I assume that, if I start from scratch in a new file, and I edit the font attributes in the feedback master, those changes would be applied to the feedback layers.

Thank you for your time. 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Graciella!

Great question! Here's the color theme for the slide. The color theme is Journey which was selected for the slide. The selections for the slide are prioritized over the selections made in the Feedback Masters. This means that even though the text is black in the Feedback Masters, the theme on the slide is Journey which is why the text is yellow. 

Since you're looking to change the color of the text in the Feedback Layers, I'd recommend creating a new color theme. After doing this, you can simply click the color theme, at it will update the layer to reflect your custom theme.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I'm happy to help!