GIFs don't move? (Articulate Storyline 360)

Feb 22, 2017

Hello Heroes, 

I've seen some posts about this issue, but there are many different cases, I got lost and prefer to create a new one. Here's the problem:

Created a GIF using Photoshop. A simple arrow going up and down, with "Once" feature so it doesn't loop to infinity. I upload it to stage, but in preview mode it doesn't move.

How can I fix this? I really need do integrate GIFs on my e-Leaning products.

I'm using Articulate Storyline 360 by the way!

Thanks in advance!

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 76, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhancement we’ve included:

Storyline 360 now supports high-resolution animated GIFs.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

25 Replies
DIGIK Digital Knowledge

Hello Wendy,

Thanks for the help. I can see your GIF moving, but mine doesn't move.

I've made some tests and:

- My GIF exported from Photoshop doesn't move.

- My GIF exported from Animate (or Flash) moves, BUT, shows very low quality, and plays slower than the original GIF exported.

- BTW, I tried to insert a GIF downloaded from the Web, it works, but also slowly.

Watch my test here.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b352c1c2-e272-4e93-aac4-3ea46cabc692/review

I need to Create animations (GIF) and play it on my stage, on a nice quality, original speed, and with transparency if it's possible.

Can someone help me please?

I'm the only one with this issue?

Thanks.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jon,

There are still some known issues with things like animated frame rates in GIFs not being respected, which I know our team is investigating. If you've run into that or something similar we'd love to take a look at your example and go from there! Feel free to share a copy here in ELH using the "add attachment" or send along to our Support Engineers. 

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 76, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhancement we’ve included:

Storyline 360 now supports high-resolution animated GIFs.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

John Morgan

Hi Neil,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you would like some information on animated GIFs. I'd be happy to get that for you!

Here are a few resources about GIFs.

I hope this helps!

Brian Nalley

I am having this problem too. I am using cartoon animator 4.5 to make GIFs, which work great in Powerpoint. But none seem to work in Storyline. Seems like this has been a problem for years, long before we had to start paying a subscription fee. I see that there was an update that fixes this supposedly, but still having the same problem.