How to select Scorm 2004 3rd or 4th edition to publish

Apr 20, 2023

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with a project as it won't return to the end users last slide in the last section if they leave and return.  I was to to publish using Scorm 2004 3rd or 4th edition.  The publish menu in Storyline only has Scorm 2004.  How do I get the option to update to select the 3rd or 4th edition?

I have searched without luck.

4 Replies
Christina Stroetz

I have learned it is related to something else totally.  From Support:

The suspend_data element for a Storyline SCORM course tells the learning management system (LMS) where you leave off when you exit the course and lets you resume the course later in the same place without starting over.

It isn't likely you'll exceed the suspend data limits imposed by some LMSs. However, if you do, this article will help you resolve it by publishing to SCORM 2004 3rd or 4th edition:

https://www.articulate.com/support/article/exceeding-scorm-suspend-data-limits

I am testing in 4th edition today today to see if that resolves the issue.

Joseph Francis

From the Publish button on the ribbon, select LMS/LRS and then change the Reporting and Tracking > Report to an LMS drop-down from SCORM 1.2 to SCORM 2004.

Click the (REPORTING AND TRACKING) button. On the Reporting and Tracking Options dialog, change the SCORM 2004 Edition from 2nd Edition to either 3rd Edition or 4th Edition.

Note, before selecting 4th Edition, make sure your LMS can actually support it. Many, like Saba for example, do NOT support 4th Edition; they either only support up to 3rd Edition or they "gracefully" present 4th Edition content as 3rd Edition.