Issue with Course Completion in LMS - Articulate 360- Triggers turning themselves off?

Sep 17, 2020

Rather new to using Articulate, but need a bit of help please. We have a course with multiple scenes, i have triggers in place at the end of each topic for it to set the value to complete:

Example:

Set Topic 1 to value true

When the timeline starts on this slide (As it is the last slide in that topic)

Then i have it divert back to a menu page

So, on for approximately 7 topics, i have checked the Triggers at the end of each and they are working fine. 

I have also set the topics to show done on completion on the menu slide.

Then on the menu page i have set the variable for the course to complete when the timeline starts on that slide (Menu) and added If= topic 1 = Value True

Also have it set to show layer finish

When the timeline starts on this slide (Menu) if Topic =value true 

Both of these are then in the rest of the IF's for the rest of the topics that i need to make true. 

So in all when i test the course it seems to run perfectly, but when i load to the LMS it sits in progress and the normal completion doesnt happen. 

What is also strange is I save the file and then reopen and the triggers are then off?

Open to any suggestions, as it looks technically right but not funcitoning as it should. thanks Sam

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Sam,

I understand most of what you're describing, but I don't know what you mean when you say you "save the file and then reopen and the triggers are then off." 

Also, do you have a Completion trigger on the "Finish" layer? Do you set the course to track completion that way when you publish? 

Bottom line: It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing the Storyline file. If you upload the file, it's more likely that someone will be able to help you.

Judy Nollet

It sounds like the triggers have been disabled.

Obviously, a trigger should only be disabled when you click to disable it. But try enabling the triggers, and see it that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, there may be some other issue, or the file may be corrupted. If so, it'd be best to submit the case to the Articulate staff (https://articulate.com/support/contact).