Issue with Course Completion in LMS - Articulate 360- Triggers turning themselves off?

Rather new to using Articulate, but need a bit of help please. We have a course with multiple scenes, i have triggers in place at the end of each topic for it to set the value to complete:

Example:

Set Topic 1 to value true

When the timeline starts on this slide (As it is the last slide in that topic)

Then i have it divert back to a menu page

So, on for approximately 7 topics, i have checked the Triggers at the end of each and they are working fine. 

I have also set the topics to show done on completion on the menu slide.

Then on the menu page i have set the variable for the course to complete when the timeline starts on that slide (Menu) and added If= topic 1 = Value True

Also have it set to show layer finish

When the timeline starts on this slide (Menu) if Topic =value true 

Both of these are then in the rest of the IF's for the rest of the topics that i need to make true. 

So in all when i test the course it seems to run perfectly, but when i load to the LMS it sits in progress and the normal completion doesnt happen. 

What is also strange is I save the file and then reopen and the triggers are then off?

Open to any suggestions, as it looks technically right but not funcitoning as it should. thanks Sam

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Sam,

I understand most of what you're describing, but I don't know what you mean when you say you "save the file and then reopen and the triggers are then off." 

Also, do you have a Completion trigger on the "Finish" layer? Do you set the course to track completion that way when you publish? 

Bottom line: It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing the Storyline file. If you upload the file, it's more likely that someone will be able to help you.